WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SEE SOME CHANGES

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SEE SOME CHANGES

Post by Richard CSL »

So we have all put in our suggestions, we have all been told our suggestions are being put forward to the developers, so when is the next release going to have some improvements, how long will it take for the "developer(s)" to impliment the requested changes.

Exactly what will be in the next release.?

How many developers are they.?

Do they need any more suggestions?

All seems to have gone very quiet on the forum.
Or is is a company policy to start suggesting that all further development of the Daslight (Disco) system is to stop, and advise advanced users to upgrade to Sunlite.

Please let us know so we can start making decisions.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

just thought i'd add this to clarify . this is the last reported update for DVC2. I found this in the read me file attached to the DVC2 directory.

come on guys we really need some support.
I know the only update since 2008 was to add multi group scene start.

Date: April 2008
- Correct the Scanlibrary 3D fixture display in the 3D
- Add the midi triggering and Midi control function in Editor and Live for scenes, effects and speed on scene
- Play an audio file with the scenes
- Add the Daslightremotecontrol.dll file compatibility to trigger and control the scenes and effect buttons via different software (audio, video, multimedia, general control management…)
- DMX In and MIDI control improvements
- New firmware for the DVC2 ECO 512 and the DVC2 128-M
- correct the software for large Matrix size
mikey9206

Post by mikey9206 »

on the website the latest software download available was released 01/2010
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

No they just updated the website, because there were problems with the download, ok they might have added an updated driver for the new DVC dongles, but there were no changes to the software.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Development is ongoing, however there will be no major release soon. Some features may be removed from the next release to make the software simpler and more ergonomic. I've forwarded all of your suggestions, but Daslight aren't going to implement features that they feel are not necessary for Daslights market. It is up to the management as to whether it is worth investing in time to implement features which already exisit in the other products. Remember that Daslight is meant to be clean and simple for anybody to use. Sunlite Suite is designed for advanced users.
vclighting

Post by vclighting »

SimonB and Bruno,

I am a recent purchaser of the DasLight controller. I had compared the DasLight and SunLight products, as well as others. The evaluation had been unfortunately quick, but I had made my decision after seeing a possible glimmer of hope when several updates had been posted on DasLight in a relatively short period. I had determined that the DasLight product had promise, and was much more intuitive than the SunLight and other offerings. Nothing in the web stated that DasLight was better for club and SunLight better for stage productions. Even the literature and box printing on my DVC2-512 states "For all your DMX lighting projects" and "Architectural/Install/DJ/Club/Mobile/Stage/Theater/Rental". It just seems that more often than not, DasLight personnel keep telling DasLight users that request new functionality that they should change to SunLight. Worse even, that change isn't cheap, even though the hardware could most definitely theoretically be flashed to operate with the other software.

It just seems to let more air out of power users when they are told that there are no major changes coming soon, and functionality will actually be removed from the software in future releases. I feel rather disappointed after reading the latest posts tonight...
smokeAndMirrors

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

How can you complain about "no changes"? Haven't you seen the new logo? Brand is everything! 8)
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
vclighting

Post by vclighting »

yea - I saw the new logo after the rant :)
mnoethlighting

Post by mnoethlighting »

simonB wrote:...Daslight aren't going to implement features that they feel are not necessary for Daslights market.

Not to split hairs here, but since all the changes were suggested by Daslight users who know that Daslight is the best for them, how are they not necessary changes?
--
Matt Noeth
Freelance Lighting Designer
www.mattnoethlightingdesign.com