Time to say goodbye to Daslight.

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Andre

Time to say goodbye to Daslight.

Post by Andre »

Well after using Daslight for coming up to 5 years and with the obvious lack of development and constantly being pointed to the Sunlite software and being told that the Daslight package and I
Please remember that Daslight is intended for the Disco market and is meant to be easy to use. If you have an advanced request, such as palettes, we advise you take a look at the products on offer from the Sunlite company.
, which I had never been made aware of and it does not say that in the blurb on the website
... Daslight Virtual Controller 2 is the ideal DMX 512 controller for all your lighting projects.
and read the list of "Main applications and uses" on the front page of the website.
If it is for Disco use then the Sound 2 Light module would be so much more advanced.

I am seriously disappointed and will not be coming back to the forum and answering peoples questions anymore and will not be using the software or upgrading my interface or going over to Sunlite which I can because I have one of their interfaces as well as 2 Daslight interfaces.

Maybe that is what they want everyone to go to the more expensive Sunlite products and get rid of Daslight. Who knows.

Anyway enough is enough, I can't put up with a half baked product anymore. So it is so long and goodbye from me.
Andre
smokeAndMirrors

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

:(
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Well I for one am very sorry that you will be leaving the forum.
I totally understand your reasons and I totally agree with everything you have stated here.

I am also on the verge I must admit. Especially as we are told to buy another product by Simon B.

So I will continue investigating Magic Q. and Light Factory. but like you would not consider Sunlite , it is just so confusing after Daslight.

Shame the development team consists of a part timer who seems to spend much of his/ her time in another country.

this will be a sad loss for many Daslight users as you only have to look at the number of posts Andre has made on the forum to see what help has been to all of us.

It is a shame , but totally understandable.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
marc

Post by marc »

After start using Daslight i found a big help in Andre's posts. Things the manual didn't solve were easely explained by Andre. I want to thank him for all the time he spend helping newbies.

Now with Simon things seems to change. The answers he gives are sometimes disapointing (sunlite...) but at least we get a response of Daslight.

I can only hope that they will keep improving the Daslight so i can keep using it as a mobile dj that want's to create a show "on the go" following the music I play.

Andre, Thanks for your help and keep the Floyd alive ...

Marc (belgium)
dudugaz

Post by dudugaz »

I am very sad!! André helped me to choise my interface and if I choose Daslight, it is because of him. I hope he will change his idea and come back to the forum. I think a lot of people need him and Daslight too.
Good luck André and thanks.
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
i hope some one there inside das light to WAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP before is too late every one will go away
i have buy 2 interfaces 512 one 1024 and one 1536 in greece and also i have put the software in 2 theaters and a lot of clubs if THEY THINK THAT WE GOING TO BUY SUNLIGHT THE ARE DREAMING.DONT FORGET THERE LAWS ALSO.
ANDRE COME BACK TO FIGHT TOGETHERE THIS PROBLEM IF WE ARE ALL TOGETHERE THEY CANT CLOSE THERE EYARS
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Andre has moved to Freestyler and Lightfactory.

good news he is a moderator for Freestyler and is giving advice. more good news the daslight interface will work with freestyler.

keyboard control and Midi control (BCF2000 ordered mine today) seem to be very good.
smokeAndMirrors

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

Freestyler sucks. It's opaque, and generally crashed within 5 minutes of me starting to play with it.
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

I thought the same but it has definately been upgraded and I would consider it very worthwile to have a look.

The pan and tilt options are vastly superior to DVC offsets are available and maximum pan and tilt option. Midi control is very advanced with midi feedback on some live channels.

Give it a try. what have you got to loose , and they don't recomend trying a sister company's product when they can't impliment alterations.

Oh and the forum is very pro active and helpful. and it will operate with the dvc interfaces.