Faders show in scene edit, running scn some faders drop out

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

vclighting

Faders show in scene edit, running scn some faders drop out

Post by vclighting »

I can;t be sure if I mucked something up, but I have a few scenes with a handful of faders set. When I am in the editor mode, all is well. But, when I play the scene (or go to live and select the scene), some of the faders don't respond - they act as if I haven't selected anything. They will display a previous scene's values, or they zero out and I have no output. It seems as though they are all faders on the same type of fixture. It happened with two different types of fixtures, but only in one scene. I was messing around making changes trying to get things to function, saved and closed, now one of the scenes is fine, the other is still hosed. Has anyone else had oddities such as this?
vclighting

Post by vclighting »

OK - I know I am not going crazy, although it is nearly 2AM... now they are all working fine. Has anyone had this, or is it time to turn things off for the night??
smokeAndMirrors

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

You're not going mad! When you are in live mode, the sliders behave differently - they allow you to make changes to running scenes. There is a mechanism that prevents these live edits "sticking" when you change to a new scene - if you look at the bottom of the sliders, you'll see something that says on of 3 things:

1. AUTO - you haven't made changes to that fixture
2. LTP - Last takes priority; this means that whatever happens on that channel over-rides what was previously set there
3. HTP - highest takes priority - the bigger of the two values (scene value or edit value).

These change automatically when you make live edits (usually from AUTO to LTP) and need to be changed back MANUALLY (as far as I know) to AUTO otherwise sliders stop behaving as you'd expect.
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
vclighting

Post by vclighting »

All of my problems were in editor mode. I have seen the LTP change from auto (I wish they would make it single left click or double click to reset to auto - pain changing it back with a touch screen) but my problem was right in the editor. I would set up the scene, all would look good, then when I went to live - boom - missing an entire fixture type. Go back to editor, its there - click on play in the editor for that scene, missing the fixture. Watching the faders while in editor, they would all go flat, even though I had just set it all up. All is fine now - going crazy, I dunno... thanks for the reply, tho, Smoke-n-Mirrors!
vclighting

Post by vclighting »

OK - so it happened again. Finally took the PC to a show with my current desk - I figured if I had a chance between setup and showtime that I would give it a ride with the lights live. Everything worked relatively well and as expected. Then... I again have no idea what I did, but the scenes worked when you had them selected in editor mode, but if I double-clicked to play them (still in editor) or moved to live mode, strange things happened. I looked across the board at the Auto/LTP(etc) and all was set to Auto. Didn't mess with it much, and finally restarted Daslight. All went back to working fine, then it quite again... I must really have something wrong here... I do expect that it is my problem, not a bug...

Does anyone have any insight (I need to check which version I have on the live system - I am thinking it is the early 12/09 version, not this latest 12/30/09)

(added later in the evening...)
FYI - happening again on my test PC again. Test is running version 12/30/2009. What am I doing??? Works for a while, then WHAM - no play nice until I restart VC2. :cry: What have I done??? Anyone else seeing similar situations?? I am going to try to religiously watch what I am doing next time I sit down here - done for the night - late and I have work in the AM....