live screen / Fixture group , screen management.

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

live screen / Fixture group , screen management.

Post by Richard CSL »

live screen with fixture channels unpinned . slide mouse over fixture group then onto live button screen , result a mish mash of both screens.

and the windows slide bar if the fixture group is pinned does not appear until you resize the fixture group then the slide bar appears.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Andre

Post by Andre »

Did not know about teh first one but did about the 2nd as I had already found when I was helping out stardustgr with his problem of a 27 channel fixture on a 1024x768 screen, but did not report it as I thought it "was meant to behave like that".
Andre
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I can't seem to re-create this, I guess I'm doing something wrong. What mode do you have the fixture group selection on?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

OK have the program in live page mode.

move the mouse to the bottom of the screen on any of the head group tabs.

pop up box appears with the group functions (any mode)

now move your mouse up to the scene button scction of the screen.

Voila.......a bug......a mess of a screen.....unpinned group tab still half visible after you have moved off that section.
mikey9206

Post by mikey9206 »

yeah i get both problems but never really questioned it.

the second problem isnt so much of a pain as i can solve it really quickly with the click of a mouse, but the first is quite annoying as it means you need to re-peg the fixture channels to change them, then unpeg it again.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Nope do not get that on my system as you get it.
But I do get this.

On LIVE screen.
Un-pin the fixture control panel so it slides out of the way.
Now if I hover over a fixture tab the fixture control panel slides back into view and if I move off the fixture control panel then it slides back and no corruption.
But if I do the above but move mouse from fixture tab to fixture tab then I get corruption in the upper left of the fixture control as can be seen in the picture below.

@ simonB - You need to un-pin the fixture control panel at bottom of the live screen to get what is being done.
Andre
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I still cant find the problem.

move the mouse to the bottom of the screen on any of the head group tabs.

pop up box appears with the group functions (any mode)

I don't see this pop up box, I have the window undocked and I am hovering over the "general outputs" and "moving head" tabs

Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

OK I think this may only happen when you have pages of scenes and groups.
then yes you hover over the fixture group tab as you have shown, then slide the mouse back to the live scene button page,
then you get the groups of scenes dropping over the un collapsed. un pinned. head tab. = bug.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

if someone can tell me how to take a screen shot and post it here I will gladly do that. Thanks.

Just had another play with this and established

in live mode make an alteration to a setting ie htp on any channel of the fixture tab.
then go back to live scenes screen looks a mess until you click on the live scenes area of the screen.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Hi Richard,

You need two or three things,
1) a program to capture the screen or part of it.
2) somewhere to host your picture, can be you own website or these free picture websites.
3) a graphics editing program to add other stuff or trim you picture you captured, not necessary but can help.

I use TechSmiths Snagit, which has loads of wonderfully capture options and built in editing. It is a commercial program. I hosty my pictures on my own websites.

Do search on the internet for free screen capture

Once you have captured your picture and manipulated it if needed and uploaded it to your website you use the following code to insert the picture into a post

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.yourwebsite.com/yourpicture.jpg[/img]

Obviously change the above to where ever you have uploaded your picture.

If you are using one of these free picture hosts they usually have a button which will produce the code for you to copy into your post.

Hope that helps,
Andre