Virtual Controller Feature Requests

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

simonB
Site Admin

Virtual Controller Feature Requests

Post by simonB »

Please submit any DVC 2 feature requests here. When posting please consider the following.

1.Keep your posts as brief as possible. The more you can get to the point, the better.

2.Please remember that Daslight is intended for the Disco market and is meant to be easy to use. If you have an advanced request, such as palettes, we advise you take a look at the products on offer from the Sunlite company.

3.No ranting about how bad Daslight is because a feature doesn't exisit and threats to move to another software because it's so much better.
Last edited by simonB on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
smokeAndMirrors

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

• Continuous MIDI controllers (not just a trigger for scenes).
  • Properly installed DaslightRemoteControl.DLL
  • Trigger several scenes from a single scene or effect
  • Merge of step data from two scenes into a single scene
  • Rearrangement of groups in edit mode
  • Undo / redo on destructive operations
  • Hide a scene button in live mode (or tick a box on the edit page that says "scene doesn't have live button")
  • Entry of numeric values in the sliders
  • Save and load of key bindings from live and edit mode
  • Symmetry options in the FX generator
  • "Move to next scene" controllable by MIDI / keyboard
  • "Move to next step in scene" option to be controlled by MIDI / keyboard rather than time
  • Support for fixtures that have more than one addressable light output (eg Spectrabank 6)
  • Assign your own icons to channels in the library editor to avoid having that "?"
  • Indicate channel names in the channel strip
  • Ctrl-click on a channel sets the slider to 127
  • Multi-select of channel sliders
  • Real-time record of channel slider motion
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Good suggestions, I've forwarded these. Please note that the following suggestions you have made are all included in the Sunlite Suite 2 software (to be released in summer)

Continuous MIDI controllers (not just a trigger for scenes).
Trigger several scenes from a single scene or effect
Merge of step data from two scenes into a single scene
Rearrangement of groups in edit mode
Hide a scene button in live mode
"Move to next scene" controllable by MIDI / keyboard
"Move to next step in scene" option to be controlled by MIDI / keyboard rather than time
Support for fixtures that have more than one addressable light output
Ctrl-click on a channel sets the slider to 127 (not ctrl click but it is possible with another shortcut)
Multi-select of channel sliders
Real-time record of channel slider motion (real-time record of scene actuvation and dimmer speed size and phase modifications)
toufman

Post by toufman »

* master dimmer
* several midi control asigned to the same dimmer (permitte to asign one dimmer to a fader and to a flash button on a surface control)[/i]
SEAMUS

DVC 2 feature requests

Post by SEAMUS »

Hi.
Go to next scene is areadly controled by midi note as is pause.
Be able to program in blind mode.
Master Fader.
Submaster Faders.
Release pause when Go to Next button is pressed.
Regards,
Seamus.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Coloured option for groups
Master dimmer
A back to last state (in live) button
A go back button in editor mode. when you make a mistake.
A save current look to a new scene button.
absolute / relative , relative function in pan tilt grid. function is there but does not work would really help in live mode.
hide scene button optio- for scenes that work in the background.
midi feedback so the beringer BCF 2000 faders would work.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Richard CSL, SEAMUS, toufman.

Thanks for your suggestions, I have forwarded them to the development team.

Please note that every single one of your requests has already been implemented into the Sunlite Suite 2 software so it will be up to the management to decide if they want to dedicate time to implementing the same features into Daslight.

Thanks again
smokeAndMirrors

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

Another: Installer support for 64-bit OSs.

Not exactly a product feature: but if you could create a "News" subforum, and post there when new versions are available (beta and release), as well as change lists (new features and bug fixes), that would be groovy.
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Apparently this has been sorted in the latest ver. Let me know if you see that it hasn't (I don't have a 64 bit machine atm so can't test this myself)

Yep I'll sort a news sticky
Dave_DMX

USB Network Driver for GZM Interface

Post by Dave_DMX »

Create a Driver to identify the GZM Interface as a Network device, much like a USB printer. This would provide some of the utility of the IP Interface by permitting access to the Interface from different computers on the same Local Area Network.

Thank You.
ChrisMiller

Post by ChrisMiller »

> Submaster Faders
> Ability to link MIDI Faders (BCF2000)
> Grand Master Fader
> Ability to easily choose which attributes to include in a scene (ie. Colour, Gobo, Position)
> Ability to save 'look' directly to a submaster would be absolutely fantastic! :)
>SUPPORT FOR ETC FIXTURES!!!
Sorry for shouting.. it drives me demented having to create each new one
New to the game, help us out a bit :)
vclighting

Post by vclighting »

-The ability for a scene to automatically release when all of it's traits have been modified by other scenes.
-Blackout and master fader as requested, but with the affected traits assignable at the fixture level.
-Ability to merge or layer one scene's traits into another scene's step
-BPM always on top option, or a large BPM manual button on the main toolbar, with a BPM manual clear (to stop the stepping), or a move to next step in scene as a manual option instead of any BPM option
-Please fix the 'relative' pan/tilt option
-Effects which can have opposite fixtures move in a complementary manner (reverse the panning on fixture on the opposite side of the stage)
adamkubi

das 2

Post by adamkubi »

master control of speed and amplitud for all scenes in live mode
a.k.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Chris:
> Submaster Faders
> Ability to link MIDI Faders (BCF2000)
> Grand Master Fader

These have already been requested, I've forwarded these to the developers. Note that more advanced MIDI control and the ability to create custom MASTER/SUB faders is all possible within the Sunlite Suite package.

Ability to easily choose which attributes to include in a scene (ie. Colour, Gobo, Position)

This is already possible using the palette window, or do you mean something else?

Ability to save 'look' directly to a submaster would be absolutely fantastic!

This is possible by creating a new effect button.

SUPPORT FOR ETC FIXTURES!!!

You should be able to request fixture profiles by logging into your Daslight store account.

vclighting
-The ability for a scene to automatically release when all of it's traits have been modified by other scenes.

Yes, I've put this at the top of the list.

-Ability to merge or layer one scene's traits into another scene's step

Request sent

-BPM always on top option, or a large BPM manual button on the main toolbar, with a BPM manual clear (to stop the stepping), or a move to next step in scene as a manual option instead of any BPM option

Request Sent. LumiDesk has BPM options such as a bpm tap button always visible, a master BPM enable button and options to link with BPM clock to sync with other software such as Traktor/Abelton etcetc...

-Please fix the 'relative' pan/tilt option

They're working on this
Deejay_Bamse

Post by Deejay_Bamse »

* Midi back from the program to Midicontroller. Button on/off, Motorfader, Rotory encoder..
* Midi values... It workes goodWhen you have a fader and the min value you can write in the program... But if you want to program some scenes with colors and put them on a rotoryencoder so the Scene 1 starts with value 10 and Scene 2 with the value 20 aso... If you put the encoder to 127 you will have alots of scens ON.. So I want to be able to have Scene 1 between 10 and 19 and Scene 2 between 20 and 29 aso...
* FX Generator to not calculate all steps in a scene. Better to calculate it "live" lite real DMX controllers. If I should do a new Scene with the generator it should only be 1 step. With colors, center pos.........
* A turn OFF every fixture in the editor when I start a new Scene..
* Turn of a Channel in a fixture that I only have to use when I do the program....

More Ideas will come...