Virtual Controller Feature Requests

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Jacky

Post by Jacky »

# MIDI Feedback - very important for MIDI Mixers...otherwise it doesnt make any sense to use external mixers....
    # More Media funktions like dubble speed or jump forward...(for example you have a 10 minute song - its horrorful to programm light for it!^^)
    # EDIT: Better translations....arg
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Jacky wrote:
    # MIDI Feedback - very important for MIDI Mixers...otherwise it doesnt make any sense to use external mixers....

Midi can be used to toggle the scenes , or activate dimmers directly, but I agree a bit more controlability would be nice.

# More Media funktions like dubble speed or jump forward...(for example you have a 10 minute song - its horrorful to programm light for it!^^)

Double speed can be acheived by right clicking a scene and adding the speed on slider. In a 10 minuite song would it not be easier to have seperate scenes with different things happening as the song tempo or lyrics change?

# EDIT: Better translations....arg
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Jacky

Post by Jacky »

Richard CSL wrote:
Jacky wrote:# More Media funktions like dubble speed or jump forward...(for example you have a 10 minute song - its horrorful to programm light for it!^^)

Double speed can be acheived by right clicking a scene and adding the speed on slider. In a 10 minuite song would it not be easier to have seperate scenes with different things happening as the song tempo or lyrics change?

Right klicking dosnt play the musik faster^^ -> not synchron anymore -> bad
seperateing the song -> much work, much more scenes, much more synchronizing -> bad

A mediaplayer cant be so difficult to make compatiple as you can see with lightjockey and winamp. I think it would make Daslight attractive for a lot of Discos and maybe musicals.
DMX

Post by DMX »

- Remote control for Daslight where you can see the patch and start or stop cues from your smartphone like the remote control of Cuelux ?

Sorry for mistakes I´m from Germany

John
danieljones2006
Location: suite no.-20, apartment-5, Near W21st street,Zenia,California-95595

Post by danieljones2006 »

On matrix led screens the effects generator for color mixing is based. With a line of LED Par cans, we need more color mixing effects that will look good. By adding a background color behind some of the effects, the color mixing effects could be enhanced.an intensity dial would be a good addition.
ChrisGER

Post by ChrisGER »

I have read that there will be a new audio-analysis tool...for me it would be great if there is a function witch you can activate to tap the space-key for example and than it's one beat.
now you can choose between analysis, manual and learning. but only analysis fits to the music (more or less good) if there is a quiet vocal moment / break inside the song.
with this new function it would be possible to tap manual to the beat without keeping the rythm automatically like it is now when you tap the F5 by learning.
I need it to run several scenes step by step at the same time in a loop.
hope you understand what I mean...
Kj1

remote control

Post by Kj1 »

Another feature i'd like to see in DVC3 is extensive remote control, but not with a dll as it is now (which nobody seems to be able to get to work); but for example using the OSC protocol over UDP. This does not limit the platform used (eg iphone, android, linux, etc) or programs (such as PD; or Max MSP, touchOSC for iPhone,...)
The commands in the dll are fine, we should be able to do virtually anything with them.
Luminous Lights

Post by Luminous Lights »

Conventional fixtureshttp://www.daslight.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=772

I definitely think these would be worthy additions to the scanlibrary. As many theatres, churches, community centres and hiring companies would like to use these fixtures.

Much, much more MIDI wing functionality. http://www.daslight.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=635

Someone's got to do it...!
mikeD

Post by mikeD »

-Select a range of scenes to add/remove to a button at same time in DVS
-Button properties in DVS that controls all parameters (color, name, size, XY, etc.) instead of 5 different menu options
-Ability to rearrange fixtures according to stage placement (so I don't have to manually switch each light when we change designs)
-Word wrap on DVS and Live buttons
-Options to fan lights in editor mode
-Group reorganization in editor/live modes
-Multi-scene copy
-Option to copy a scene multiple times at once
-Button arrangement options in DVS (line, grid, etc.)
-Fine-tuning on timers. Can currently only fine tune to nearest .04 secs. Fine tuning to at least .01 secs (.001 would be better still)
-Ability to edit waveform in FX Generator (like chopping off a sine wave)