Virtual Controller Feature Requests

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Andre

Re: Flash mode on scenes

Post by Andre »

fristlos wrote:
  • Important for me: Have the choice to set flash mode on scenes, just like effects or in the virtual screen.
    When using dmx to start a scene it is flash mode, but when using midi or a key it isn't.
  • Nice to have: Link shortcut keys, midi or dmx with buttons within the virtual screen.

And it never will be...

Dump the software.
Andre
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Sounds like Daslight and Nicolaudie RIP then, we'll leave them alone, as they have left us alone, for what is it now 3-4 years.

And the outcome is dump your Daslight box for a Sunlite box, same company different package.

loosing loyal customers is what the French seem to be all about. It does seem they just don't care, and the latest upgrade is remove features, never heard anything like it, very unprofessional. Wouldn't happen in England. with a british company. Downgrade features. CRAZY.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
mikey9206

Post by mikey9206 »

hey guys, a concept i think would be quite usefull is the ability to group fadars into another fixture tab

for isntance...it may let me group dmx channel 1+2+3+4+5 and maybe 11+12+13+14+15... and put those channels into a seperate fixture tab at the bottom.

this would be usefull because it would mean if i were to have 5 par64's set from 1-5 and 5 par 56 set from 11-15, i could group them onto one fadar so can dim them all to a certain level with one click instead of dimming the 64's then dimming 56's...

this wouldnt just work for parcans, but every fixture...so if i had several types of simmilar scanner, i could set what channel of that fixture i wish to control simultaniously with another channel of a different scanner.

this would also mean that we could group every fixtures dimmer (including moving heads and scanners) to one fadar meaning we now have a master dimmer :P

simple concept which i think could have a major role in the use of daslight?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also the ability to move the ranking of groups when in editor mode....i.e. if i had a groupd labeled normal scenes, colour scenes, gobo scenes...i would the like to move the group labele 'gobo scenes' to before the group labeled 'colour scenes' but cant; i have to individually swap each scene then rename the group.

and the same with effect buttons within an effect group
mnoethlighting

Post by mnoethlighting »

mikey9206 wrote:hey guys, a concept i think would be quite usefull is the ability to group fadars into another fixture tab

for isntance...it may let me group dmx channel 1+2+3+4+5 and maybe 11+12+13+14+15... and put those channels into a seperate fixture tab at the bottom.

this would be usefull because it would mean if i were to have 5 par64's set from 1-5 and 5 par 56 set from 11-15, i could group them onto one fadar so can dim them all to a certain level with one click instead of dimming the 64's then dimming 56's...

this wouldnt just work for parcans, but every fixture...so if i had several types of simmilar scanner, i could set what channel of that fixture i wish to control simultaniously with another channel of a different scanner.

this would also mean that we could group every fixtures dimmer (including moving heads and scanners) to one fadar meaning we now have a master dimmer :P

simple concept which i think could have a major role in the use of daslight?

Seconded!
--
Matt Noeth
Freelance Lighting Designer
www.mattnoethlightingdesign.com
djotto

More Features for VC3

Post by djotto »

Hi Simon,

I provide support and sales for a group of Daslight users in the Pittsburgh area. We are all entertainment companies who use uplighting and RBG based fixtures. Here is a list of features that would make our shows better and give Daslight more functions and easier to use.

It seems like many of the effects generator for color mixing is based on matrix led screens, for now led screens are out of most DJ and Bands price range.

• We need more color mixing effects that will look good with a line of LED Par cans.

• The color mixing effects could be enhanced by adding a background color behind some of the effects, and background color selector plus an intensity dial would be helpful.

• It would be good to have an input for an USB microphone that could step to the beat. This would make our programs sound active and move to the music.

• Most of have 16 to 32 led par cans , and the dials of go up to 10. It would be better for them to go 16 or 32 for some of the effects.

I hope these suggestions are helpful. I do not think these improvements are in any of the product lines. The effect generator in Sunlight looks identical to Daslight.

Thanks

Frank
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi Frank

You are correct about the LED screens, the thing is the effects generator is an external tool which Daslight uses and is included in a veriety of software including software aimed at larger clubs and live shows.

• We need more color mixing effects that will look good with a line of LED Par cans.

Yes I agree there is a poor selection of preset effects.

• The color mixing effects could be enhanced by adding a background color behind some of the effects, and background color selector plus an intensity dial would be helpful.

This is possible using the RGB Matrix effects tab. You could patch a line of 8 LED pars as a 1x8 matrix, then the RGB matrix effects tab will appear.
(For the future I think this tab needs to be made available when not using a matrix.)

• It would be good to have an input for an USB microphone that could step to the beat.

This is possible by using the audio analysis and selecting your microphone with the windows sound mixer. To start the audio analysis select the bpm icon on the toolbar.

it would be better for them to go 16 or 32 for some of the effects

Again, I agree with this and have suggested myself. Especially with phasing. I did a project with 130RGB LED squares in a line and the effects often look too small, the dials need to be proportional to the amount of fixtures being used. We are due a bit of an update with the effects generator, but this is developed seperately to daslight.
b808

Post by b808 »

Can we get a feature request section for DVC 3?
webbo04

Post by webbo04 »

Daslight for Mac would make me drool...
k__x

Post by k__x »

hi

one thing that we cant do is organize the "Groups" in the "Editor", we can t change the order....

=(
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

you can but not easily. put a fresh blank scene in each group.

select all the items in the group except the blank scene.

now you can drag and drop wherever.
k__x

Post by k__x »

Richard CSL wrote:you can but not easily. put a fresh blank scene in each group.

i have for each group one music of the show, we have more than 100 musics... everytime we have to organize, doing what you said (is wat i do =( ) it takes much time for "nothing"....

=(

thanks
k__x

Post by k__x »

k__x wrote:
Richard CSL wrote:you can but not easily. put a fresh blank scene in each group.

i have for each group one music of the show, we have more than 100 musics... everytime we have to organize, doing what you said (is wat i do =( ) it takes much time for "nothing"....

=(

thanks

See this please!

http://www.daslight.com/support/viewtop ... =2178#2178
kanfaar

Post by kanfaar »

1) How about the BPM remembering the settings from previous use; If it was set to all manual and learning on last use, revert to that when opened next, instead of always defaulting to Auto Analysis mode.

2) Hotkey BPM in Live mode so you don't have to Alt-Tab to another window to change the pace - Might be and/or with the "always on top" option.

3) With the Speed ON option for Live Scenes, some option for whether changing the speed will alter fade, hold, or fade-and-hold times. I believe, as it is, it always alters both. Okay, that's not a very good description: The idea is to allow for movers to always make the full range of motion defined in the steps. It would have to be a complicated calculation of change percentage(s) of motion being made combined with movement rate of the fixture, so this might be a bit over the top for Daslight.

4) When in "Live", have the faders for the fixtures actually reflect what's going on with the scene. e.g. - I activate a spot for the singer and... *Oops! Somebody bumped my tree so that it's no longer pointing where it should be....I need to change the pan just a bit to get it on target.* However, all of the sliders are at zero and trying to change this now will make the light swing around all over the place. If the fader were representing the actual current value, one could just adjust it a bit and voila!!
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

4) When in "Live", have the faders for the fixtures actually reflect what's going on with the scene. e.g. - I activate a spot for the singer and... *Oops! Somebody bumped my tree so that it's no longer pointing where it should be....I need to change the pan just a bit to get it on target.* However, all of the sliders are at zero and trying to change this now will make the light swing around all over the place. If the fader were representing the actual current value, one could just adjust it a bit and voila!![/quote]

This can be done, in live mode select the fixture tab, now click the left hand Group icon below the green dmx box. thie will expand the entire group of sliders and show the current live values.

Now you can grab pan or tilt (or anything for that matter) make your alteration. this puts the channel slider in LTP mode. to release either click the orange hand with a line through it. (chanel reverts to previous setting) or richt click on the LTP tab and reset to auto.
kanfaar

Post by kanfaar »

Awesome! Thanks, Richard! :D