Virtual Controller Feature Requests

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Andre

Post by Andre »

The channels are off (0 zero) when you start a new scene !!!!!
The fixtures might be selected and it might not reflect the actual state but they are definately (0 zero).
You can use the FX generator live. You do not have to press the "Save to a scene" button !!!!!!

Why should the effects generator be set at centre, colour set, gobo set. That is for you to set, you set what you want. If you only want to have a fixture centred, lamp on, colour set, gobo set then easier to do it manually in a scene.

Midi control is not very good in DVC2, not really clever to use faders to launch scenes as a scene can only accept a single value, that is why most use midi buttons to launch a scene and use the faders to control the speed of the scene. As simonB has said the Sunlite Suite gives much better MIDI control. I would like much better midi control for DVC2 but it looks like it's not going to happen.

It "IS A REAL DMX CONROLLER", not all DMX controllers have the same functions or abilities that is why there are so many different ones, all trying to offer something different.

I am not sure why you would want to turn off a channel that you only use in programming. What woudl turn it back on again ????
Andre
smokeAndMirrors

Stop all scenes

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

In edit mode, we need a button to stop all the currently running scenes as it's a pain to have to double-click all the red icons in the leftmost column.
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

There is an easy way to solve this. put in a scene at the end of the group with a general release. just run it and hey presto all the scenes are dissabled.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
smokeAndMirrors

Richard CSL wrote:There is an easy way to solve this. put in a scene at the end of the group with a general release. just run it and hey presto all the scenes are dissabled.

That's is not a solution, that's a work-around. I want a button to click! :P
DSL-man

need this

Post by DSL-man »

-User Management
-frontend colours changeable - now we must Dim the monitor..
Disco Stu

Post by Disco Stu »

- Speed 0% - 100% for scenes, not only +/-20%
- Virtual Screen: if you press a button to start an effect the sign on the button change to green, if you then press another button of the same group (for example colors or gobos) the first pressed button will not change back to red.
CLEARSOUND.

Post by CLEARSOUND. »

this is not a product request more of a website request.

how about having a page on the website where we can upload and download fixture files??

dont know if this something you could think about.. :)
Andre

Post by Andre »

Disco Stu wrote:- Virtual Screen: if you press a button to start an effect the sign on the button change to green, if you then press another button of the same group (for example colors or gobos) the first pressed button will not change back to red.

I have already mentioned this and I was given the answer that DVS is just an alternate control method and does not use the "General/Group" release properties to de-activate buttons on the DVS screen regradless of what it does on the "LIVE" screen. So only any good for launching a bunch of scenes in one go or a single scene that will only toggle from DVS and not from the "LIVE".
My opinion is that it make DVS practically useless for myself as I now have 2 completely different methods of controlling a show that do not talk to each other, but as I was told it is an "Alternative" control method.
Last edited by Andre on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre
smokeAndMirrors

Add a title to the virtual screen

The virtual screen should have...
-an optional visible title (especially when in non-full-screen mode, all it says is "DVS").
-an "arrange buttons" feature than can move them into rows / colums / grid etc.
-an "Edit Command" button because you need to remove an item in the list -and re-add it if you want to change something

You can't push buttons on the virtual screen when the buttons are not locked (kinda counter-intuitive...), but it's not apparent that the buttons are unlocked. There should be some visual indication of this state.

And also similarly when the screen is locked. (In this case I can still push buttons... is that right?)
gazthechav

Post by gazthechav »

I would love to see the BPM analyzer become more advanced to prevent the over sensitivity. I find it impossible to work with even with the work arounds in the other threads.

Cheers
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

CLEARSOUND.
how about having a page on the website where we can upload and download fixture files??

There is already a system for this, log in to your Daslight account (store)

Andre
I have already mentioned this and I was given the answer that DVS is just an alternate control method and does not use the "General/Group" release properties to de-activate buttons

Although I agree that the virtual screen is a remote control and is an alternative method to using the live screen, the toggle buttons should still be auto released, I've forwarded this issue.

smokeAndMirrors
Suggestions sent.
The lock command isn't to disable the buttons, it's to stop people messing with the programming of the virtual screen.

gazthechav
I would love to see the BPM analyzer become more advanced to prevent the over sensitivity.

You can adjust the sensitivity by setting the threshold to Manual and adjusting this yourself. For now this is the best the BPM will get with Daslight.
Harry

Post by Harry »

- I purchased the DVC2 recently after having tried it offline first. But now I've used it live, I realize that I really miss something...! Namely, the possibility to adjust pan/tilt effects to the dimensions of the specific location. It is very time consuming to create every movemend, circle, square etc. from scratch again when your operating a standard show... This really bothers me and actually makes me wanna resell the DVC box..

- Possibility to change the colour of the buttons in the live mode to create a better overview (like the virtual screen does have).
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

sorry Harry we have been asking for resize / absolute / relative movement since the begining and still no changes in the software.

I have had exactly the same problem in the past, fortunately now we are in the same venue all the time so not such a problem.

Ok in order to help a little here is a tip. in an unused area of your set up ie the end of all your scenes. create a datum point scene. this is usually aiming all the lights on the centre stage microphone.

Now all your movements need to be in relation to that position. This will help in every time you are in a new venue set the datum the same and any alterations hopefully will only have to be minor.

Another tip is to create all your fixed and front of house positions in a START posns group at the end of your groups. Again this way all you have to change are the fixed positions for each venue.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
smokeAndMirrors

Request: printable setup

It would be REALLY handy to be able to send a summary of the DMX setup to a printer because my laptop isn't usually anywhere near the stage!
fristlos

Flash mode on scenes

Post by fristlos »

• Important for me: Have the choice to set flash mode on scenes, just like effects or in the virtual screen.
    When using dmx to start a scene it is flash mode, but when using midi or a key it isn't.
  • Nice to have: Link shortcut keys, midi or dmx with buttons within the virtual screen.