Welcome Simon. please read all the forum notes improve DVC2

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

Welcome Simon. please read all the forum notes improve DVC2

Post by Richard CSL »

Ok I understand Vianney has gone, so welcome Simon from DMXsoft.
as I said in the title all the upgrades necessary are here on the forum to turn this software into the easiest and best available.

I understand that even schools are teaching Daslight because of its simplicity.

Dont give up on it, for the sake of the others Sunlite etc. I tried them and found them a total nightmare to get my head around, especially after DVC2.
So we would like to hear your comments and objectives here on the forum please.

Regards Richard
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
smokeAndMirrors

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

Not that I wish to crow, but Good Riddance vianney. You treated your customers, who have invested $$$ in paying your wages with disdain, you never answered posts on the forums, you ran away from technical support issues (yes, you simply stopped answering emails once the obvious answers you dished out didn't work), and you ignored the pleas for fixes and improvements to Daslight. May you find gainful employment elsewhere, but if I ask for a Big Mac and get a cold cheeseburger after an hour's wait, I'll suspect it's you.

Hi SimonB! There are people here who love Daslight and want to help you to make it better. Long live the king!
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Vianney was the sales manager for Daslight, he simply didn't have the time to provide personal support. However hopefully I can be of more help. I've made some basic tutorials which can be found here...

http://www.daslight.com/tutorials/
Unfortunatly I don't currently have time to make tutorials for the whole software, but if there are any important topics you would like me to cover, let me know!

Regarding Sunlite, yes it is more powerful but Daslight was created to be as simple to use as possible from the offset.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

So let me get this right you stated

[i]"Vianney was the sales manager for Daslight, he simply didn't have the time to provide personal support. "

Simon you are now the replacement sales manager, and having to proove yourself in the sales arena will have even less time surely.

next we experienced users read the following

However hopefully I can be of more help. I've made some basic tutorials which can be found here...

yes we have seen the tutorials and agree they are very useful for beginners, even gleaned a few tips myself.

Unfortunatly I don't currently have time to make tutorials for the whole software, but if there are any important topics you would like me to cover, let me know!

I am pretty sure, most of us here have tested the software to its fullest and all our misgivings are contained within this section of the forum.

Regarding Sunlite, yes it is more powerful but Daslight was created to be as simple to use as possible from the offset.

I am very impressed with this statement, please can you clarify what are the more powerful features in Sunlite that do not appear in Daslight. And if Sunlite is so simple why is it that many people here insist that Daslihght is the easier software to use, I would also look on other forums and discover the same answer such as
blue room.org.
UKLSC.org and /www.dj-forum.co.u

It would appear that far more of a push is being made for
Sunlite than Daslight, reference marketing materials etc, but in my opinionit is the old Betamax Vs VHS syndrome. where the better product fell to superior marketing.

That all said and done I wish you every success in your new post and look forward to seeing some action on the software to improve it reference the poll which was carried out recently on the forum.

Regards Richard Igoe.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Let's just get a couple of points nailed down. Nicolaudie Europe created the Daslight company to produce software which was easier to use and satisfy the DJ/Club market, they then created the Sunlite company for the live/theatre/large club market. Both companies are owned by the same parent company. We work in the same office. They are not competing products!

Just to clarify, I am not the Daslight sales manager, I'm someone who's commissioned here in the UK to help out with the general running of the Nicolaudie companies. The management realises that support has been weak from Daslight in the recent months and I have been given extra time to speak to you guys and get some of these issues solved.

I'm setting up feature requests and bugs threads today, if anybody has any other suggestions feel free to let me know.

please can you clarify what are the more powerful features in Sunlite that do not appear in Daslight.

-More powerfull fixture group management
-More powerfull midi control with the midi console editor
-Midi Time Code triggering
-More Audio/Video synchronisation options with easy show
-HTML pages can be made and linked with the software
-Powerfull page architecture
-Automatic scene/switch creation for common properties (movements, color fades, etc...)
-Use the computers ethernet socket to gain more universes
-Networking features
mikey9206

Post by mikey9206 »

jsut a quick question, if a piece of daslight software is altered/ammended, can the owners of the previous daslight get that 'new' software free? i.e. is it going to be downloadable? or will it be created as a new product?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

All current and beta (test) software is free to download at the homepage of www.daslight.com