Screen

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Nato262

Screen

Post by Nato262 »

What is a good fixture to have a video screen with? Is there an LCD Screen? Or a good LED one.
mikey9206

Post by mikey9206 »

do you mean a T.V. screen? im not sure whether they have implimented any screens in, but you can create a matrix in the patch manager tab and use any led and then upload a video onto it, check it out on the daslight website under manual
Nato262

Post by Nato262 »

I know how to create a matrix but when i add an image to a group of fixtures the image is really blurred.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Nato262 wrote:I know how to create a matrix but when i add an image to a group of fixtures the image is really blurred.

You have to remember each controllable element (RGB) is the equivalent to one pixel.

So if you wanted to play a video that was in standard UK 4:3 format size you need 768 pixels wide and 576 pixel deep that is 442,368 pixels divide that by 3 RGB LED elements and that gives you 147,456 RGB fixtures needed. Phew that is hell of a lot and would take 288 universes of control.
In one universe you would only be able to get a 13*13 square of RGB (3 channel) fixtures. As you can work out 13*13 resolution is very poor.

This is why videos designed to run on LED video walls are usually specially made to take into account the resolution obtained by the led panels so they do not look blurred or pixelated.
Unless you have 1,000s and 1,000s of £/$/€ then it is not really practical to show proper (tv type videos) on them.

There is another post http://www.daslight.com/support/viewtop ... ght=matrix which I show this 13*13 matrix in operation in the visualiser.

Hope that helps,
Andre