Feature Request List.

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Andre

Feature Request List.

Post by Andre »

Feature Request List.

Things I would like to see or fixed.

DVC
Blackout button.
Grand Master dimmer.
Virtual Dimmer for LEDs that do not have a seperate dimmer channel (available on lots of other lighting control software.
The ability to move "groups" around in "Editor" and/or "Live".
The ability to colour code "group" header and buttons within a group in "Live".
The ability to hide buttons in a group on "Live", could be a check box on the "Editor" for that scene. As some buttons I never press but they are started via midi or keyboard or from DVS. So would save on real-estate.

DVS
Reset all buttons in "DVS", or for it to re-act the same way the buttons re-act in "Live" i.e. for General and/or Group release.
Have someway of identifing that as button has been pressed in DVS. For buttons that do not use the "STOP/START" which gets the little "LED".
When you click on a command that is the list of DVC commands for a button on DVS for that to be replicated in the drop-down boxes above.
Have a change button, so you can change a command from "STOP/START" to "START" or "STOP" without have to to add a new command and delete the old.

More to come. Add yours below.
Andre
smokeAndMirrors

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

• Continuous MIDI controllers (not just a trigger for scenes).
  • A DaslightRemoteControl.DLL that actually works
  • Trigger several scenes from a single scene or effect
  • Merge of step data from two scenes into a single scene
  • As Andre says: rearrangement of groups in edit mode, how hard can it be?
  • Undo / redo godammit
  • Better copy and paste
  • Hide a scene button in live mode
  • Entry of numeric values in the sliders
  • Save and load of key bindings from live and edit mode
  • Symmetry options in the FX generator
  • "Move to next scene" controllable by MIDI / keyboard
  • "Move to next step in scene" option to be controlled by MIDI / keyboard rather than time
  • Support for fixtures that have more than one addressable light output (eg Spectrabank 6)
  • Assign your own icons to channels in the library editor to avoid having that "?"
  • Indicate channel names in the channel strip
  • Ctrl-click on a channel sets the slider to 127
  • Multi-select of channel sliders
  • Real-time record of channel slider motion
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
Andre

Post by Andre »

I agree with all of them.

Submasters would be very useful if included in DVC as per most other lighting software. Submasters should be controllable by an external desk DMX, MIDI or Ethernet (ala Enttec Wings) via that desks sliders.

Would like to see DMX IN from an external DMX desk be able to control any number of channels, so for example one slider on my desk would control all my RED channels of my LED Par Cans, but most importantly that any scenes that run that use those channels should override the DMX IN on those channels not as it is now do nothing.
In fact if the sliders are changed then it should overide the scene that is running. What I mean by that is you have a slider on an external desk and you bring it up and the lights attached to that channel increase in brightness but when you start a scene the scene overides the DMX IN but if I was to lower the slider then that should take priority over the running scene and would not change until the scene was started again. Hope that makes sense.

Yes very important to create a new Scanlibrary program that allows for multiple LED channels or even multiple lights that are addressable.

Also would like to have a utility that would take our own images and create the correct icons and graphic files for use in the 3D Visualiser.

Would also like to see a file area on the forum so we could attach files to our posts, such as fixture profiles. The forum can be set to only files of certain types. i.e. .ssl .dvc and so on to protect it from unwanted (nasty files).

------------------------------------------------------

@smokeAndMirrors

You can now trigger multiple scenes in one go.
This is how, but could be made much better and not quite what you want.
Create a group that has the number of empty scenes that you want to trigger.
On each scene just do a Jump to the scene you actually want to trigger.
Then the Group can be launched using the new play group buttons on the group header. This is on the beta release at the moment.
Also would need to be triggerable via midi.
Andre
smokeAndMirrors

Oh yes: non-latching scene buttons (they go down when you click and go up when you release).

[Effects have something labelled "flash mode" but to be totally honest I find the effects rather superfluous - why can't scenes do what effects do?]
LJay

Post by LJay »

I'm very happy if you implement the following 2 things which you have already posted:

The ability to move "groups" around in "Editor" and/or "Live".
The ability to colour code "group" header and buttons within a group in "Live".

greetings LJay
Rekal

Any changes yet?

Post by Rekal »

hey all
smokeAndMirrors has the perfect wishlist!
But i solt Daslight 2 years ago for this reasons.

Is there now (2 years later) any progress made ?
is the soft in 2010 better then in 2008?

I was thinking to buy a 1024 interface....

And what about the DVC3?
Is this a rumor or is it comming out? and when? 1 year, 2 years?

sorry for the English!
smokeAndMirrors

Hi there Remy

DVC2 is basically frozen, DVC3 is in production - no dates known yet. We wait with bated breath...
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

please post in the feature request thread and please do not repeat requests which have already been made, we have everything noted