Daslight with MAC

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Markus Leitner

Daslight with MAC

Post by Markus Leitner »

Hello,

at first, it is nice to see, that the forum works again.

I have the DVC2 Gold Interface with Virtual Controller 2 and i'm planning to buy a new MacBook, so my question is, is it possible to run the interface and sofware on MAC-OSX (Leopard) without a Virtual Machine?

Thanks for you answers.
Andre

Post by Andre »

The software is only for Windows based machines so, I do not think that you will be able to run it "native" on the MacBook.
As far as I am aware there are no plans to make it available for the Mac either.
Andre
vianney
Site Admin

Post by vianney »

Our Drivers are compatible to PC windows suystem only (32 bits). We dont support any Mac system, sorry for that. You can try it but It should not work.
BK Sound

Post by BK Sound »

Hi all.

Has anyone seen the itouchmidi application, to be able to use that wirelessly with daslight to trigger scenes would be pretty damn cool.

So has anyone managed to get the software working with windows installed on a mac yet before i bother trying - either using bootcamp or parallels?
Andre

Post by Andre »

BK Sound wrote:Hi all.

Has anyone seen the itouchmidi application, to be able to use that wirelessly with daslight to trigger scenes would be pretty damn cool.

So has anyone managed to get the software working with windows installed on a mac yet before i bother trying - either using bootcamp or parallels?

I am pretty certain it will run with Parallels and most probably with BootCamp. I personally do not have a MAC but know people in the online community that do have MACs and they use Parrallels to run their laser control systems that use USB DACs and all seems well.

You could always ask Vianney if you could buy one on a trial basis and if it does not work then send it back for a refund.
Or you could find a retailer who has them in stock and take you MAC to them and do an install to see if it works.
Or you could but a cheap Windows based laptop to run Daslight on.

None of the information given here is any guarantee that it will work or will work faultlessly.

Hope that helps,
Andre
BK Sound

Post by BK Sound »

I'll give it a try next week, i have the Daslight Gold system already.

I was asking cos i'm only gonna install windows to use Daslight with ITouchmidi, it has a 4x4 or 8x8 set of buttons which would be perfect for scene triggering wirelessly.

I'll post my results here when i can but would be interested to hear if anyone has managed to get it working meantime.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Just remember that with MIDI triggering it will only start a scene, will not turn it off, have to do that by either using a "GLOBAL" reset scene or a "GROUP" reset scene.

Or use you mouse and click to end the running scene.

It is not a full implementation of MIDID control yet.
Andre
salanimi

Post by salanimi »

vianney wrote:Our Drivers are compatible to PC windows suystem only (32 bits). We dont support any Mac system, sorry for that. You can try it but It should not work.

Lots of peple is moving to mac. It is best thing what you can do for your future, if you make your program to run on os x. Now there is only one good dmx software for os x so markets should be guaranteed.
Rick03079

Post by Rick03079 »

If you run bootcamp on the Macbook Pro, you can load windows and run Daslight. I have done it and the program itself works but since I am new at Daslight I can't get it to work my LEDS
salanimi

Post by salanimi »

I run it thru vmware. Works fine that way also, but still native os x vesion would be awesome!
ben_gc7

DVC 2 on Parallel Desktop

Post by ben_gc7 »

hi,

i've got a Mac with Parallel Desktop.
But the software just doesn't seems to detect the interface.
I've tried uninstalling and installing a few times, even the drivers. Yet each time i plug in the interface it says driver is not installed properly.

Any help?
Thanks peeps!
MLC Disco

Using DVC2 of Mac

Post by MLC Disco »

Hi

I run DVC2 on a MAC using parallels with no problems. I run Parallels in Coherence mode. You must plug the interface in after you have got parallels/windows running and select it to work under Windows not OSX. Then run DVC2.

Haven't tried Itouchmidi yet but will look at it over the weekend.

regards

Sean
Regards

Sean
MLC Disco
ljudkillen

Post by ljudkillen »

Parallels 7 and win 7 works
Not earlier.
Jocke_Ronnqvist

Post by Jocke_Ronnqvist »

I use VC 2 with a parallellsinstalled XP on snow leopard without any problems. Not shure about the parallells version though, think it is 6.

ljudkillen wrote:Parallels 7 and win 7 works
Not earlier.
Jocke Rönnqvist