LED pars.... how do you control them?

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

renevanh

LED pars.... how do you control them?

Post by renevanh »

I'm looking for a flexible, convenient way to control 8 ADJ Mega TRIpar LED pars using Daslight and eventualy DMX in triggering with a 24ch desk.

Right now, I programmed all preset colors and macro's to be selected in live mode and I'm using triggering on the R,G,B and strobo channels (odd and even pars) and individual master dimmer channels. This way I can do chases using DMX in (so I can actually tap the speed) and I can make multicolored chases if I want too.

Problem is, the LEDpar's preset colors I programmed in Daslight is for all 8 of them at the same time, there's not really an easy way to apply the choice for color dynamically (i.e.: select fixtures, select color, get this colors on the selected fixture only).

Ofcourse, I could program it all 8 times, but that will be a lot of work when I need to expand to 24 or 64 pars.

How do others do this? Any great tricks?
Dynamically setting colors for odd/even fixtures using preprogrammed live mode buttons (and not using the faders) would be best, but I don't think I can do this with Daslight (or I'm just another stupid noise boy... lol)
MaryClarke

Re: LED pars.... how do you control them?

Post by MaryClarke »

renevanh wrote:I'm looking for a flexible, convenient way to control 8 ADJ Mega TRIpar LED pars using Daslight and eventualy DMX in triggering with a 24ch desk.

Right now, I programmed all preset colors and macro's to be selected in live mode and I'm using triggering on the R,G,B and strobo channels (odd and even pars) and individual master dimmer channels. This way I can do chases using DMX in (so I can actually tap the speed) and I can make multicolored chases if I want too.

Problem is, the
led lighting preset colors I programmed in Daslight is for all 8 of them at the same time, there's not really an easy way to apply the choice for color dynamically (i.e.: select fixtures, select color, get this colors on the selected fixture only).

Ofcourse, I could program it all 8 times, but that will be a lot of work when I need to expand to 24 or 64 pars.

How do others do this? Any great tricks?
Dynamically setting colors for odd/even fixtures using preprogrammed live mode buttons (and not using the faders) would be best, but I don't think I can do this with Daslight (or I'm just another stupid noise boy... lol)

hello friend were you able to find the way to control the bar? I am trying to make similar setup so please help me..
Last edited by MaryClarke on Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
renevanh

Post by renevanh »

Well, I mostly did as described, but I removed the DMX in triggering on the R, G and B channels. The Advanced FX editor gives great possibilities like chases and rainbow effects.

When using bigger numbers, one should just use a real lighting desk, either a Hog, Pearl or GrandMA (I don't know anything about those but the names :P)