Lights Go Crazy (Warning Newbie Here)

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

WorshipPastor

Lights Go Crazy (Warning Newbie Here)

Post by WorshipPastor »

Let me admit from the start-I'm a newbie to LEDs and Daslight in general.

The problem is at our church. I've inherited the system (as our main tech just passed away), and know little about the system/lights.

Our problem is that erratically the lights will go all out "crazy" for no apparent reason. The gentleman who has ran the lights in the past has used programs in Daslight with no problem until sometime after the middle of last month this problem began. We're not sure if its a power surge issue (it did it this Sunday apparently after the air in the church kicked on). We've monitored the power at the box, and see no apparent surges. We did notice the small controller by the computer (Daslight controller) is blinking green (quickly). The gentleman somewhat familiar with the system said he "thought" the green light on the controller was solid not blinking in the past.

Again-I'm just now trying to read up on the system to diagnose the problem. Is our controller bad (Daslight). Software issue? Hardware? Electric Power Surge?

Again-I'm self admittedly a newbie. Any help would be appreciated.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

The Green LED indicated USB activity when use in LIVE mode, and scene number when used in Stand Alone mode.

Try to open tools.exe included in the DVC2 folder:
-is the interface detected here?
-if yes, try to move the faders on the test tab, do you still have a problem with flickering here?
WorshipPastor

Post by WorshipPastor »

I'll try what you suggested and get back to you...I just realized you replied (only a couple of months later). We thought we resolved the issue with a loose cable in a dimmer controller we have....but it happened again yesterday. Someone suggested we need to make sure we have a dmx terminator on our system. Again-I'm not terribly familiar with lighting systems. Would pictures be helpful?
WorshipPastor

Post by WorshipPastor »

http://www.daslight.com/support/viewtop ... ed3c761aad

I'm going to check out these issues as well. Sounds like what may be going on with our system.
WorshipPastor

Post by WorshipPastor »

I tried moving the sliders as you indicated. The only LED that seems to light up is the first of my chain of eight (only tried the first few channels). One thing I did notice on the test tab was that the port state seems to be flipping from 3 to 4 (at the bottom). What does this mean?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Don't worry about the port state. These refer to the dry contact port triggers on the HE10 connector of your interface.

The test tab of the tools software allows you to change each DMX channel. Set these to a value and leave them for a few hours to see if you have the same problem or not.
blackbee045

Post by blackbee045 »

just realized you replied (only a couple of months later). We thought we resolved the issue with a loose cable in a dimmer controller we have....but it happened again yesterday. Someone suggested we need to make sure we have a dmx terminator on our system. Again-I'm not terribly familiar with lighting systems. Would pictures be helpful?