Channel stays default on dmx 255

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

josbia

Channel stays default on dmx 255

Post by josbia »

Hello There,
I have a strange thing, on my first 3 channels the dmx settings shows 255, but there is nothing attached to this channel.
I cannot set the dmx on 0 not maualy not auto.
I dont want to send unnessecary info over my dmx line, so i want to set these channels on 0.
Does anyone know this kind of behaviour?
I repeat no fixtures are attached tho these adresses!
grtz
Jos
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

I have had this in the past. it is the fact that on the patch you had a fixture patched and reversed the slider for either pan or tilt.

you can either re patch the fixture and try toggling the reverse tick box. or re create your patch for universe 1. then import your show.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

In fact a DMX message packet of the same size is always sent, whether you have a full universe patched or only 1 fixture. For now, like Richard said, patch a fixture, set the channel to 0 and then remove the fixture. In the next release we will clear all DMX levels if a fixture is removed
josbia

Post by josbia »

Thanks all for the awnser.
I think it has to to with a bad fixture on channel 4 and 5.
After removeing this fixture and add a new on i was able to control also the channels with no dmx fixture attached to it.
So now al my faders are set to 0 when there is no fixture attached to it. Problem Solved!