How to Get MIDI (BCF2000) to Toggle Properly

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

tobybennett

How to Get MIDI (BCF2000) to Toggle Properly

Post by tobybennett »

Hi All,

I have searched the forum but I'm unable to find a definitive answer to this.

Also, I'm fairly new to MIDI controllers, but having spent a week or two fiddling with my BCF2000, I feel relatively confident in programming it with BC Manager.

I'm more than happy triggering scenes currently, pressing any button will trigger a scene, and press again to stop it. However at the moment, because the buttons are all set up as momentary (toggle off) the lights on the buttons will not stay on when the scene is active (they will only stay on when they are being pushed).

Now I understand why this is happening, but I was wondering if there was any way I could have it so the MIDI controller button lights stay on when the scene is triggered, and go off when it is stopped. I have tried setting the buttons to Latching (Toggle On), which keeps the light on, however when I press the button again to release the scene, of course it doesn't stop it because it not sending another signal.

Any ideas how I can program the buttons so the scene will run when button pressed, the light on the button will stay on, then the scene will stopped when button pressed, and light on button will turn off?

Many thanks.
Toby
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

Hi! You can try with a CC parameter, toggle on, now it may work like you want...
Just 14 years old
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

the midi comand logically turns on/off the scene, if you need a pulsed toggle you can create a momentary live effect button which will start a nominated scene.

not perfect but a work around.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
tobybennett

Post by tobybennett »

Cheers nijst001, that works perfectly thanks.

Now we just need to wait for some MIDI feedback from Daslight for the whole thing to work seamlessly!