Several Fixtures Not Responding

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

ALC Worship

Several Fixtures Not Responding

Post by ALC Worship »

Hello,

We have a DVC3 GZM and are running Virtual Controller 2. Recently 4 of our fixtures quit responding to anything and are now always on. The computer does recognize interface and I can get every other fixture to respond correctly.

Here's what I've done so far to troubleshoot:

1) Swapped USB inputs on the computer
2) Downloaded most recent VC2 software
3) Updated to most recent firmware via tools.exe (1.19)
4) Attempted to make adjustments in the Test tab without success
5) Pulled out our DVC2 512 controller to see if it would respond, ran all updates, but had no luck

When I'm in the tools program, the fixtures react differently to each tab. On the Infrared tab they shut off, in Stand Alone tab they're always on, in other tabs 1 fixture stays on, and again, I have no luck trying to get them to respond in Test mode... it's inconsistent to say the least.

Any help resolving this would be appreciated!
ALC Worship

Hello?

Post by ALC Worship »

Three days and no response?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

This looks like a dmx fault, and not dvc2.

best advice is to firstly click on the general tab in live mode to check if the chanels are on full or not, if they are a "yellow hand" reset restores all chanels to program control and not override.

Next if the above is ok, set all fixtures to off, ie all scene buttons grey not orange, all effect buttons off. Now try removing fixtures from the dmx chain, start with the first one and only supply this with dmx , if it works fine reconnect and move on to the next one, remove the out dmx plug and see if this responds ok . keep doing this till you find the faulty head, or cable causing the problem.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
ALC Worship

Post by ALC Worship »

Richard CSL wrote:This looks like a dmx fault, and not dvc2.

best advice is to firstly click on the general tab in live mode to check if the chanels are on full or not, if they are a "yellow hand" reset restores all chanels to program control and not override.

Next if the above is ok, set all fixtures to off, ie all scene buttons grey not orange, all effect buttons off. Now try removing fixtures from the dmx chain, start with the first one and only supply this with dmx , if it works fine reconnect and move on to the next one, remove the out dmx plug and see if this responds ok . keep doing this till you find the faulty head, or cable causing the problem.

Thanks so much for the help, Richard. I'll give these suggestions a shot!
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Also, try to move the corresponding channel faders on the test tab of tools. What happens here?

p.s. sorry for the late reply I have been away at PLASA. It's always best to drop support a mail if you need an urgent answer.