Groups getting lost

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

Groups getting lost

Post by Richard CSL »

Hi , I have rented a system to a customer, he is having major problems with importing scenes. He has created individual songs in 2 groups each (with internal jump too links between the two) , he imports up to 4 songs, then he looses the top Group.(first song)

We have even tried a 2009 version of the software and this does the same thing.
There is a major problem with the scene storage , and group storage in the software.
We have tried everything.!!
there has always been a problem with the group handeling ie: it has never been possible to move groups without adding blank scenes, but this is crazy.
Respond please Simon B.....
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

can you reproduce this with the same show? If so please send me the show and I'll test it
Sanrobi

Post by Sanrobi »

We have seen a same kind of behaviour; we use several groups with all kind of scenes perfectly organised. Sometimes it happenes that one or more groups are totally disappeared.
It is impossible to restore this, so I always go back to a backup version.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

after reporting this problem on the 18th 9f July 2012 to Simon this was his response.
"Hi Richard

I think we have found the problem. The index is not set correctly after a scene has been imported which can cause several problems later on. We are going to fix this bug in the next DVC2 and DVC3 release.

Best Regards

Simon Bennett"

so it will take a while, but they are aware of it. and suprisingly it is also present in DVC3.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

The importing problem should have been fixed now, however if a DVC2 show/scene has been imported in an earlier version, it will need to be re-imported from the original file to work properly.

If anybody has a faulty show, send it over and I will see if we can fix it.