The fx generators need to upgraded

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

djotto

The fx generators need to upgraded

Post by djotto »

The problem with the generator is the FX is that ‘FX size’ is too small; the knobs go from 1 to 10. They need to go 1 to 100 with the number of led fixtures in larger shows. For example: a simple two color rainbow, red and purple, if you have more than 10 fixtures the effect will never be just one color. The more fixtures you have over 10 the smaller the effect will look.

The FX generator across all product lines, including Sunlight is long overdue for a facelift. There are not enough effects for color mixing; nothing has changed in over five years. I am beta testing DVC3, seems to run well in my win 7 (64) machine and the ‘visualer’ works better too.

My major compliant with DasLight is the costly upgrade path for my 32 bit controller to the same 64 bit model. I feel like I am purchasing the product all over again. If it were $100.00 US, I could understand, I think I am getting soaked. I am a dealer who supports a small community of users in my local area.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

For the effects generator, I'm aware of this. We're not currently developing the FX generator but we are working on something new for the future.

Regarding the upgrades, it is more than just 32-64 bit, there are other benefits including:
-Compatibility with the new DVC3 software
-Larger stand alone memory
-Mini USB power
-Stronger DMX signal output
-NAP- Strong protection against Chinese copies which were disrupting the sales of the old interfaces

We did offer better deals for the first 2 years after discontinuing these interfaces. If you have several you would like to exchange, send me an e-mail and I will see what I can do.