DasLight shuts off after 1 hour

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

SURPRICE

DasLight shuts off after 1 hour

Post by SURPRICE »

Hello. In school we're preparing a stage play and we're going to use Light and other stuff for the first time. DasLight is working very well - there's only 1 problem: After about 1 hour the software (or rather the lights) shuts off. I don't know if it's related to the lights or to the software. But I (and the other teachers) aren't really believing that its related to the lights, but more to the software. Anyway - could anybody help me? It's very important. What could be the problem....

Thank yoU!!
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Do all the lights go off, or do some of them freeze?

When the light go off, which LEDs do you see lit on your Daslight interface? (Red=DMX, Green=USB communication, Yellow=power)

Sometimes USB devices can crash when there is a power instability caused by something like a smoke machine or a flash from a lot of par cans. If you're using a laptop, try to connect it to a different ring main or try unplugging it when you're triggering a lot of lights at once or a smoke machine to see if this is the problem. If you're using a USB hub, try connecting the USB interface directly to the computer instead or using an external power supply on the hub.

Another thing to try is to make sure it's not a DVC2 software issue...open Hardware Configuration - Tools.exe which can be found in the Daslight software directory and windows start menu. Go to the test tab and move the faders on the left to control your lights. See if the problem still occures.