Encountered improper argument

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

Encountered improper argument

Post by Richard CSL »

I get this message every time I shut down the software in either Windows XP or Windows 7.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Marcodrum

Post by Marcodrum »

Also I have the same problem for a year but nobody gave me a reply
riddle

Post by riddle »

Marcodrum wrote:Also I have the same problem for a year but nobody gave me a reply

Same here. On closure of program. On creating new project.
Opening previously created project.
I only have this problem since the latest version of 2011.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

The latest version is very unstable. Last night it deleted half my show after I Reloaded because I had lost the midi usb connection. (due to external reasons)

Also the midi commands move within the editor list every time I restart the program.

I have totally given up on the latest version. Better to use an older version if you have one.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Richard, would it be possible to be a little more descriptive about your bug findings? I am concerned that you say the latest version is unstable especially when I cannot reproduce any of the bugs you've found and we have fixed a lot of small DVC2 bugs recently.

No doubt you will have found these bugs as you use the software extensively but saying the software crashes and half your scenes are lost is not so helpful. It would be good if you could possibly send over your show and explain which scenes disappeared after the MIDI connection was lost. I'm really struggling to re-produce these bugs and the quicker I can find them the quicker I can have the developers fix them.

Thanks
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Regarding the error report on software close and when creating a new show. We know it is a problem caused with certain MIDI device drivers and we'll fix it very soon. If you get this error when you create a new show, I advise you restart DVC2.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Sadly I am in the UK at the moment and do not have a copy of the show to hand, however I can tell you that I feel the problem is midi based as I used the BCF2000 extensively to control this paticular show.

Each time I turned off the program almost without fail, the midi to scenes as programmed had changed by roughly 4-5 scenes within the editor listing.

the midi to effects buttons had not been changed,or the midi control of the pause button, but any programed midi speed links had always been lost.
I know this as I had to re introduce them each time I used the desk to control the software.

hope this helps in finding the bug.
I never got the encountered improper argument at the loading up of the program only on close.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Sadly I am in the UK at the moment

Hehehe I know the feeling...I'm moving to Montpellier in October so I can be closer to the Daslight developers...I won't be missing the weather

I should have a new DVC2 beta build on the website today, it has a few MIDI fixes including this improper argument bug fixed (hopefully) and may solve the problem of the MIDI triggers being randomly lost.
riddle

Post by riddle »

simonB wrote:Regarding the error report on software close and when creating a new show. We know it is a problem caused with certain MIDI device drivers and we'll fix it very soon. If you get this error when you create a new show, I advise you restart DVC2.

I just downloaded the new Beta version. The problem with the 'improper argument ' seems to be fix. Also on creating a new project. Thanx.