Using FX Generator

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

MLC Disco

Using FX Generator

Post by MLC Disco »

Hi

Can anyone advise how to reset the FX generator once you have made a scene.

The problem I get is when I want to create a new scene with the FX Generator is automatically retains the fixtures last dmx values ie gobo, colour etc which is not what I want.

regards

Sean
Regards

Sean
MLC Disco
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi Sean

I'm not sure what you mean here. Every time you generate an effect it is a completely new effect and holds no old values.

What exactly are you looking to do? (eg create 2 scenes 2 2 color effects, use 2 different effects within the same scene etc....)
MLC Disco

FX Generator

Post by MLC Disco »

Simon,

When I use the FX generator to create steps in a scene it works great the first time. When I use it a secound time in a new scen it strats with the value of the previous scene it was used on.

For example I use 2 ADJ viszi spots set to green colour with a gobo. I use the FX generator to make a circle with 8 steps. When this done I generate the scene.

I then start a new scene and want to use the FX generator with my Vizi spots but when I open this the Vizi spots show the same dmx values as the previous generated scene ie Green with the same gobo.

I hope this makes sense as the only way of stopping this is to quit out of the program and start again.

Sean
Regards

Sean
MLC Disco
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

When I use it a secound time in a new scen it strats with the value of the previous scene it was used on.

There are several ways of creating a new scene with an effect. For example you can create an effect when the step of another scene is selected and then generate it in a new scene, or you can create a new blank scene first and then add an effect to this scene. How exactly are you creating your new scene?

For example, do you..
-select fixtures
-click 'new scene' button
-press the FX button
-add the steps to the current scene?

Maybe you can send me a screen recording?