Midicon encoders

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Utu

Midicon encoders

Post by Utu »

First of all, we are using daylight for about two weeks now. I'm pretty familiar with the software now and I really like it! We ( two people) use it at our school for theater and live gigs. We have a bunch of light and before we where programming with an ETC Smartfade 1296 but because we now have a lot of intelligent light software based programming is necessary.

However I have a question,

we've just ordered a Elation Midicon, now is my question as follow: the midicon has three encoders, can we use it for programming pan/tilt, color etc? For instance: when we're programming our movers we want to control the pan/tilt, shutter, color mixing etc. I know how to link a channel to a specific fader or encoder but I wonder if it is possible that daslight automatically select channels to the encoders. So when I select the pan/tilt for my movers, one encoder will control pan and the other tilt, and when I select the color, the encoder that first where used for pan/tilt will then be used for color mixing, hue/saturation and brightness. People who are familiar with the GMA will exactly understand what this means, however I hope this is possible to do with daslight!

So if anybody knows if it is possible it would be great if he would explain me how!

And if it is not possible in DVC2, will it be in DVC3? It is a great function especially for precise placement and color mixing!

Best regards,

William Middendorp
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

In my experience with BCF2000 you can assign pan and tilt to the midi control for programming, however when it comes to playback you have to dissable the midi as it will now be in htp live screen mode.

Also only one head can be assigned at a time, so unless all the heads are to do the same thing you will have problems using the same midicon channel for multiple heads. unless you can assign different midi channels to the pan and tilt for each head.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience