Which interface do I have - stange combo of information.

Previous Daslight interfaces that work with DVC1/DVC2 only : DVC 512, DVC512 GOLD, DVC 100 BASIC, DVS 3D, DVC2 ECO

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

GaryUK

Which interface do I have - stange combo of information.

Post by GaryUK »

I purchased a 2nd hand Daslight interface.

It's see-thru blue.

It's got 1 x 3pin XLR output

It's got stand alone power input

It's got HE10 pin connector

It runs DVC1 happily (except for an annoying Group fixtures issue which I'll post elsewhere)

It will run stand-alone

When I open up DVC1, the splashscreen says "DVC2 Gold - Aug 9 - 2006"

When I open up DVC2, it just goes to demo mode.

There are 3 LED lights, and 2 buttons.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Open tools.exe with the latest release, this can be found in the windows start menu or software directory. Upgrade to the latest firmware. Send em an e-mail wiht your serial number if you are still having problems with this.
GaryUK

Post by GaryUK »

simonB wrote:Open tools.exe with the latest release, this can be found in the windows start menu or software directory. Upgrade to the latest firmware. Send em an e-mail wiht your serial number if you are still having problems with this.

Thank you for the very quick reply.

Sorry, I'm a bit new to Daslight with regards to anything except running scenes.

So, from the above post, I should:

* Download the latest DVC1 software?

* Run "tools.exe"

* find some option on there for upgrading the firmware inside the blue box?

What the above achieve? Does it make the
Interface DVC 2 compliant? (I've seen
dvc3 adverts now too - does that affect me?)

Where can I find my serial number (is that the serial number for the blue interface? Or for the software itself?

What does sending the serial number "in" do? Is that a support requirement, or an upgrade offer, or something else?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

download DVC2, not DVC1
when you open tools, update the firmware by clicking on the firmware tab and clicking update
the serial number is for the hardware, the software is free
the serial number of the can be found on the first tab when you open the tools application
if you can send me the serial number, I know which exact interface you are using and can give you some more things to try
if your interface is see through blue this is an old generation interface and will not work with DVC3
GaryUK

Post by GaryUK »

I tried running tools with the interface connected on USB, and it just said "no interface found" and suggests that I plug one in.

When I look in System / Device manager on the computer, it shows SIUDI DMX-OUT and says that the drivers are not installed.

Update: I installed the drivers from the original CD and now, in Device manager, I see the SIUDI-DMX OUT correctly installed under the USB ports etc. But, Tools.exe still shows "no interface found".
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

make sure you are using a 32 bit operating system as I don't think this interface is 64 bit compatible
GaryUK

Post by GaryUK »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes it's a 32 bit operating system - good old' reliable, stable
Windows XP.

Incidently, in virtual controller 1 the interface shows as having 1024 channels so I'm guessing that it's a dual universe interface - not that I need 2 universes but I thought that might help in the ID'ing and firmware upgrading of the unit (if it needs it). It's mainly this grouping issue, which I mentioned in another part of the forum, which is driving me bonkers.

In terms of running shows (once scenes are created etc), the interface works well.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

you could always use the second input to control DVC via a standard dmx desk.

depending on your use this can be quite handy.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

You don't need to run any separate driver installations or open the windows device manager.
-Disconnect your interface
-Uninstall Daslight
-Download and install the latest Daslight Virtual Controller 2 version from the website, follow the software and driver installation messages
-Connect your interface
-Open the tools.exe included with this installation
-If you do not see a picture of your interface, please e-mail me your serial number