Problem with Flash mode?

Previous Daslight interfaces that work with DVC1/DVC2 only : DVC 512, DVC512 GOLD, DVC 100 BASIC, DVS 3D, DVC2 ECO

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

robwraight

Problem with Flash mode?

Post by robwraight »

I have set up 2 flood lights to flash when i hit the 'F' key (ive also tried other keys) or click on the relevent effect on screen (Trigger - flash mode). If I use the keyboard, more often than not, the lights stay latched on and they will release when they feel like it? If I use the mouse to click the effect on screen, It doesn't do this? Obviously the problem with using the mouse click is that you can't use 2 effects at the same time but with keys you can. Has anyone else experienced this and how can this be rectified? :?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I can't reproduce this. You sure your key just isnt sticking? Does it happen on all shows/flash buttons or just one show or button inparticular?
robwraight

Post by robwraight »

Yes, I've tried changing computers. it does it on my pc and 2 other laptops? I thought it may be my programming but where could i have gone wrong? I have tried changing the keys but it does the same? It's as if the flash comes on then it pauses a bit like a mobile phone would if you type too fast for it until it catches up with you. It's very annoying.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Does it happen on all shows/flash buttons or just one show or button inparticular?
robwraight

Post by robwraight »

All shows, all flash buttons.
Ive just changed the buttons so that my strobe is on 7, left flood 8, right flood on 9, flood all on 0. Still does it. strobe stays on sometimes, floods stay on sometimes? Sometimes staying on for 6 seconds?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I find it very strange that you have this problem on several computers with different shows and I cannot reproduce this anywhere.

Make a show with 1 blank scene and 1 effect called ON. Assign a flash keyboard shortcut. Try on several computers. Do you still have the problem?
robwraight

Post by robwraight »

OK, Sorry for the delay in responding but Ive not been able to narrow it down up until now. But I think Ive finally discovered whats going on even though I don't have the knowledge to fix it. So here goes. heres my attempt to describe the set up and problem. I have led par cans, scanners, revo 3s, led panels, etc. I have programmed some programs for each.
- If one of the effects has bpm on step on then use keyboard shortcut flashes my flashes freeze for a random 1 - 5 seconds.
- If I change the bpm to time it works perfectly.
- If I DONT use bpm and use keyboard shortcut or mouse flashes it works fine?
So in short the problem is using keyboard shortcut flash effects when on a bpm on step scene.
Any comments or suggestions would be greatly received.
robwraight

Post by robwraight »

also just to add to the previous post, With regards to the box, I notice that when in normal operating mode i have a solid orange light, one red light flashing really fast and a green light flashing really fast. When I use the flash keys and it sticks, the red light flashes slowly for a while until its sorted itself out? The on screen effect button doesn't get stuck, only the light.

Together we will get to the bottom of this.

Thank you in advance.
robwraight

Post by robwraight »

Is it just my device? Can no-one else replicate this? :(
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I still cannot replicate this. Please send me your show.
Does the problem happen in the 3D simulator or just the DMX output?