DVC2 ECO 512

Previous Daslight interfaces that work with DVC1/DVC2 only : DVC 512, DVC512 GOLD, DVC 100 BASIC, DVS 3D, DVC2 ECO

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Digitaldougie

DVC2 ECO 512

Post by Digitaldougie »

I have jusi purchased the DVC2 ECO 512
can any one tell me how to get it to recognise my midi port

im a newbie help!!!! :
Digitaldougie (The Electric Gnome )
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I'm pretty sure that Daslight automatically detects the MIDI device you are using, so it is just a case on binding your midi commands by selecting the scene, select the MIDI field and moving the relevant fader/dial/key.

If you don't see the MIDI field you need to right click at the top of the scene list (next to shortcuts,port,loops,jump etc..) and select MIDI.
Digitaldougie

Post by Digitaldougie »

simonB wrote:I'm pretty sure that Daslight automatically detects the MIDI device you are using, so it is just a case on binding your midi commands by selecting the scene, select the MIDI field and moving the relevant fader/dial/key.

If you don't see the MIDI field you need to right click at the top of the scene list (next to shortcuts,port,loops,jump etc..) and select MIDI.

Thanks for your reply. I have done what you advised but cant get past the binding process .In editor mode I see information under midi as such,
None [0*0*0] Regarding the online manual the format for [0*0*0] is
Channel # note so i presume [01* is the midi channel 1. [4*0* is midi note number 40 so [1*4*0] would this be the correct format.Anyhow it wont let me set any values in the editor window it just resorts back to
None [0*0*0] and when i right click on say the fader and choose midi it opens a dialouge box and an option to set midi values but it wont let me apply them.
I have tried different formats i.e. [01*40*0] [16*0*40] etc. I have managed to create a dmx control show for one song with 14 fixtures and found it modertly easy to sus out once I got the understanding of dmx.
but now i need to trigger it from a midi source.My midi connection is a usb midi cable, and it does every thing it is meant to in stienberg cubase, so i know the computer knows it is there i just cant get it to bind.Any help from anyone would be great.
Andre

Post by Andre »

I just select the item in DVC2 that I want to control via MIDI then use the MIDI controller and it detects it and puts in the correct values.

I do not do it via the editor screen I bind on the LIVE screen.

I am using a Behringer BCF2000, but does the same for other MIDI controllers.

I would ensure that your MIDI controller is being detected by the PC first before seing if DVC2 can see it ot not.
Andre
Digitaldougie

Post by Digitaldougie »

Thanks for the help but it stays the same result,I trust you mean in the live window right click on the generated scene select link with control and the midi values are detected automaticly. Or do you enter the values manualy .I know the pc knows the midi device is there and loaded in all my midi software , I have tried several differnt midi controllers that all respond in all my midi software.It dosent even apply values when i set them keeps resorting to none[0*0*0].
Anybody out there had the same or similar probs............Help!!!!!!!!
Andre

Post by Andre »

Yep, LIVE, right click scene, select link etc.
No I do not enter values manually, it does it automatically when I use the control on the MIDI controller.
Andre
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

If it keeps resetting to 0,0,0 check that you don't have a device constantly sending 0,0,0. Are you using cubase on a different machine are are you using it on the same machine with a midi device emulator?
Digitaldougie

dvc2 eco

Post by Digitaldougie »

Right my problem with the midi is that i am trying to synchronise my soundtrack with my developing light show for a solo live performer.
I am using a mp3 backing track as the sound source from live mode right click scene button/properties/multimedia/file.....etc.
I have created a 5m:48s scene with 29 steps incorporating colour changes,beam movements,shutter efx,fade ins and outs,blackouts, colour flashes etc.
My problem is i cant seem to be able to keep the same synchronization
I.E. lets say the colour flash happens at step five and it comes to early,I adjust the step hold by adding say 1s,when i replay the step sequence it works fine but then it throws the rest of the step sequence out of sync.And vice versa if i subtract a second.
I must inform that i am not using the virtual 3d visualisation,I am using real fixtures comprising of 4 winner scanners,4 par 56 led's,4 par 56's, and 2 led visions,running 58 dmx channels.I must also point out that i have only been using dvc2 eco for two weeks.Any help,advice, tips,would be most welcome from anyone.
Andre

Re: dvc2 eco

Post by Andre »

Digitaldougie wrote:Right my problem with the midi is that i am trying to synchronise my soundtrack with my developing light show for a solo live performer.
I am using a mp3 backing track as the sound source from live mode right click scene button/properties/multimedia/file.....etc.
I have created a 5m:48s scene with 29 steps incorporating colour changes,beam movements,shutter efx,fade ins and outs,blackouts, colour flashes etc.
My problem is i cant seem to be able to keep the same synchronization
I.E. lets say the colour flash happens at step five and it comes to early,I adjust the step hold by adding say 1s,when i replay the step sequence it works fine but then it throws the rest of the step sequence out of sync.And vice versa if i subtract a second.
I must inform that i am not using the virtual 3d visualisation,I am using real fixtures comprising of 4 winner scanners,4 par 56 led's,4 par 56's, and 2 led visions,running 58 dmx channels.I must also point out that i have only been using dvc2 eco for two weeks.Any help,advice, tips,would be most welcome from anyone.

You will not be able to sync the music track and lighting together, don't think it ispossible without SMPTE or a MIDI click track, but as DVC2 does not have full MIDI support most probably can't do that either. Also DVC2 does not have a time line either so can't do it that way. As simonB has said before you might want to take a look at the Sunlite Suite for those features.
Andre