DMX output ECO version vs Gold version

Previous Daslight interfaces that work with DVC1/DVC2 only : DVC 512, DVC512 GOLD, DVC 100 BASIC, DVS 3D, DVC2 ECO

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Music2Motion

DMX output ECO version vs Gold version

Post by Music2Motion »

I have just bought a DVC 2 512 ECO and have a problem connecting a dimmerpack and 4 winners.

When i connect the DVC2 512 ECO with a MultiDim MKII and then to 4 JB systems Winners the winners does not get any DMX signal.
When i first connect the winners tot the DVC2 512 ECO and then at last the MultiDim MKII it works fine.

When is use a DVC2 Gold it works fine in both situations, can anyone help me with this, because what will happen in the future with more devices...

thanks in advance,

Stephan
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi Stephan

Two things to try:
1. A different DMX controller to see if the problem is with the daslight box or with the multidim
2. Make sure you are using a DMX terminator in the output of your last fixture
Music2Motion

Post by Music2Motion »

Hi Simon,

What do you exactly mean by another DMX controller?
I have used before another daslight box (DVC2 Gold) and that works fine in both situations. But not after the last time, maybe the output of the multidim is broken....

In all situations i use a terminator.

I don't have another multidim, i can use another dimmerpack (Elation DP-DMX20L) what i could use, i will try that, but that will be in a few weeks ;-)

Next performance is next month, i'l keep you updated,

Stephan
Music2Motion

Post by Music2Motion »

Problem already solved, but i forgot to mention the solution here.

The solution was easier then expected, one cable was the problem, i did not examine why, but maybe it was something with the impedance or something.
The cableconnections where good, that's why it worked with another DMX dongle.