"new" interface doesn't start

Previous Daslight interfaces that work with DVC1/DVC2 only : DVC 512, DVC512 GOLD, DVC 100 BASIC, DVS 3D, DVC2 ECO

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

frans

"new" interface doesn't start

Post by frans »

Hi,

I just bought a new interface, but the box looks very old and I must asume this is a very old device (I got it for 1/3 of the price).

The device itself is very rectangular shaped, has one dmx output, a usb cable permanently attached, on the side there is printed 'quicklink512SA' and there is a little sticker '4324002 DVC gold'.

I downloaded the DVC2 software, and the win32 drivers, installed both, but in the splash screen it tells me that no interface can be found. The device itself glows orange on both sides, the is a slow blinking green led and a very fast blinking red led.

I also downloaden DVC1 software installed that, but it complains that winusb.dll could not be found. Searching the web I found that this is a windows vista only problem, but I'm running windows XP.

How to proceed??? please help.
frans

Post by frans »

replying to myself, but posing two questions...

the dvc2 software directory had a file winusb.dll. Playing dangerously, I copied that to the dvc1 directory. Now it works!

Any possibility to get it to work with the newer software?

and more importantly: how (if at all) can I drive a dmx signal from a C program?

- frans
Andre

Post by Andre »

I am pretty sure that is a very old interface, probably a pre-runner to the DVC Gold interface, seem to remember seeing a mention of it on the old website.
I doubt it will ever work with the DVC2 software.

There is the developer kit available in the downloads section but would be surprised if it works with that interface. You will have to download it and run the demo programs to see if it recognizes it.
Andre
frans

Post by frans »

never mind, I returned it to the shop and changed it for a dvc2 128-M.
That should work :)