old dvc2 software won't recognize new hardware

Previous Daslight interfaces that work with DVC1/DVC2 only : DVC 512, DVC512 GOLD, DVC 100 BASIC, DVS 3D, DVC2 ECO

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

djsteven.be

old dvc2 software won't recognize new hardware

Post by djsteven.be »

hello,
here's the situation;
I'm using an old version of daslight 2 (0.0.0.1). The great advantage of this version is that you can program ANY key of the keyboard as a shortcut to buttons. I'ts super, I have a laptop with an overlay where all my buttons are marked...
I've upgraded to a newer version but for some reason there is not anymore the possibility to program all buttons of the keyboard, pitty... buttons such as '^' 'ù' 'µ' and so on can't be programmed. so the old version was installed back.

now the problem;
since last week I have a new 512eco hardware, I think I've bought already 10 the last 3years (the casing is not black anymore but blue transparant). and this hardware won't work with the old software. and so I loose almost 1/2 of my keyboard shortcuts. caus I had to use the new dvc2 software to let the hardware work...

is there a solution so that I can keep using all the keys as shortcuts with the new hardware connected...???

thanks in advance
dj/lj steven
Andre

Post by Andre »

The hardware that you are using will make no difference to the shortcut keys that you use.

I can still use all the alphanumeric keys both standard and shifted. I can also use any keys that have characters via the Alt Gr key.

So I am not sure what is causing the problem you are having.
Andre
djsteven.be

Post by djsteven.be »

this is the answer from daslight thru mail;

Dear sir,

We created the communication for the DVC2 ECO in 2008 for the DVC2 software.
Your version should be older than 2008.
Only DVC2 512 and DVC2 GOLD work with the previous 2008 versions.

In 2008 version we also Remove the Special characters of keyboard for the shortcuts.
It made some problems with different languages.

There are no solution to keep the old shortcut and use Special characters.
Now you can use only Standard Keys letter, not the Special characters anymore.

Best regards.

Mr. Vianney Bourjot
Andre

Post by Andre »

Well glad you got your "correct" answer.
Andre