Transient DMX signal when in DVC1/2 (SIUDI-6)

Previous Daslight interfaces that work with DVC1/DVC2 only : DVC 512, DVC512 GOLD, DVC 100 BASIC, DVS 3D, DVC2 ECO

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

samrudge

Transient DMX signal when in DVC1/2 (SIUDI-6)

Post by samrudge »

I have an older SIUDI-6C device (Identified as Product Code 1001 from Tools.exe) but I'm having problems with the signal output from the device.

If I plug the device in (Via USB) without opening DVC1 or 2 the orange (power) light comes on and the red (dmx signal) light starts flashing continuously, all my fixtures show that they are receiving DMX signal. However as soon as I open ether DVC1 or 2 the red light on the device goes out as do the indicators on the fixtures, occasionally (every 10-30 seconds) the red light on the device will flash for half a second or so, as will the DMX signal indicators on the fixtures. Any changes I make to the faders in the DVC software are not reflected by the fixtures until the next time the red light on the device flashes. As soon as I close DVC the red light goes back to flashing constantly and all fixtures show they are receiving continuous DMX signal.

I am getting identical behaviour using the 'test' tab of Tools.exe in the DVC2 folder.

I have tested this on 3 different computers, a Windows 7 computer with DVC2, a Windows 7 computer with DVC1 and 2 and a Windows XP computer with DVC1 and all are showing the same behaviour.

I've probably had this device for 3 years, probably longer, so I assume it's out of warranty and it has worked without a problem in the past with both DVC1 and DVC2. I haven't used the device for about 9 months so I'm not sure when the problem started. Is this something that can be fixed or is it easier for me to just buy a new device?

Thanks,
-Sam
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi Sam

Make sure you have an account set up at daslight.com/logme and drop me a mail. I can set up an RMA and give you a quote for a replacement or upgrade.