upgrade to 128M from 100 Basic problem

128 out. Stand Alone memory (60 out). Limited software features

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Andrew

E-mail me your address, telephone number and serial number and I will arrange an RMA. We have a 1 day turn around (from when we get the box) then next day delivery so it will probably be quicker for us to run some tests here.

Sam

We started selling the newer SIUDI9 units in Feb so it's normal that Prolight would still be selling the SIUDI6 in September as most distributors will hold stock for around 1 year. In fact we started selling the SIUDI9 DVC2 512's at the same time. If you have any other SIUDI 6's purchased in 2011, e-mail me your proof of purchase (make sure it includes a date) and I will see if I can get them swapped over.
andrewsmith86

Post by andrewsmith86 »

Thanks for getting back to me Simon. I actually have some good news at the end of all this. We have our original DVC 100 working again! After many months of hassle and trying to get things to work, turns out that it was the damn drivers that were at fault all along!

Something had obviously gone wrong on the computer and the drivers had been corrupted or whatever. We had no idea because the box just showed up as an unrecognised device and never prompted us for the drivers and the box just didn't work.

I'm kicking myself over it being something so simple that if we'd have known about months ago, it would have been so easy to fix. Whilst trying to diagnose and fix the problem with the 128-M, I discovered that on the Daslight install disc that come with the new box there was a folder with the 100 Basic drivers on it.

We didn't have the original disc that come with the 100 Basic. We've had it for a good few years and God knows what happened to the box. The latest DVC 1 that I downloaded from the website doesn't include the 100 Basic drivers either so of course when we downloaded DVC 1 hoping that a reinstall would work, it didn't help.

I don't like to make assumptions but I'm guessing there are drivers that come with the DVC 1 download but they just support certain boxes. If this is the case, maybe the 100 Basic drivers were overlooked in the package or just forgotten about.

So to anyone reading this that might be having a similar problem with their DVC 100 Basic box, the DVC 1 download from the website doesn't appear to include the drivers for it. Get a Daslight disc! The drivers are in /Drivers/DVC STANDARD+GOLD+BASIC.

Thank you for offering to RMA the box for us. We'll be returning the box to Sam so who knows, you may hear from him rather than me. Also thanks for all your time and help with this. We appreciate it!

I must say that it is still a concern that at sometime in the future, should we either decided or need to upgrade to a newer box that there may be 'compatibility' issues with our Martin MX scanners. Ideally, we need to know that there is a way to overcome this whatever it's to do with. I.e timing issues etc.

Thanks a lot!

Andrew.