how to use it in stand alone mode

128 out. Stand Alone memory (60 out). Limited software features

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

frans

how to use it in stand alone mode

Post by frans »

Hi,

I just bought a dvc2 128-m interface, which supposedly can run in standalone mode and respond to 4 external triggers.
The is a link on the daslight website http://www.daslight.com/download/DVC2_128-M.zip but that file cannot be found on the website.

I'm a bit worried, as there seems to be no connector for the external power, or triggers. I surfed the website for at least half an hour, but couldn't find the info for doing this.

any ideas of how to connect this??
Dave_DMX

Post by Dave_DMX »

Dear Frans:

According to the DVC2 128-M product description, "This interface requires a 9V power supply in stand-alone mode." Daslight shipped a 9V power supply with the other interfaces I have received from them.

The 9V power supply plugged into the USB jack on the Interface to power the stand-alone mode. The plug on the power supply looks exactly like the plug on the USB cable that is inserted in the Interface for use with the Computer.

Trust this is of assistance and Happy New Year.
Andre

Post by Andre »

I have never got a 9v DC power supply with any of my Daslight interfaces they have sent me !!!!!! It says you need one, no mention that it comes with one.

I am pretty sure you can use stand alone mode with it connected to the computer as long as you do not start the DVC program. Mine always says on stand alone program 01 until I launch DVC2 then it goes into PC mode.
So you might be able to do it that way for testing purposes.
Andre
Dave_DMX

Post by Dave_DMX »

Dear Frans:

Andre is correct, the Interface will work in stand-alone mode with the computer powered up and the USB Cable attached.

The old file "manual_hardw.pdf" on page 6 shows a photo of the Power Supply that came with the DVC2 IP 512 Interface. The Power Supply for the DVC2 GZM interface is the same but with a USB plug to insert into the USB Jack on the Interface.

Andre, did you get your mouse pad and ball point pen with your interface and software? These come with the power supply in all three interfaces they shipped to me.

Best Regards.
frans

Post by frans »

thanks for the info!

and a happy new year to all of you

- frans
Andre

Post by Andre »

Dave_DMX wrote:Andre, did you get your mouse pad and ball point pen with your interface and software? These come with the power supply in all three interfaces they shipped to me.

Best Regards.

Got a mouse mat usb cable, CD and a load of other bumf with my original DVC Gold but only the interface, CD and usb cable with the DVC2 Gold. The usb cable I had to throw away because it was one of the ones that did not have the earth/shield wire in it.

I am not worried about not having a power supply as I do not use the Stand Alone mode and most probably never will. Even though I did think about setting up some lights for christmas and have them controlled by DMX so SA would have been ideal but it was only a thought.
Andre
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi Frans

The 123-m requires you to solder the power and trigger connections directly on the PCB (unless you are powering via USB). This is because it is designed for small "Custom" projects (for example a custom installation where you would mount the PCB into your own unit).

Simon
RCoaster

Post by RCoaster »

What I did was simply buy a phone charger with the correct USB connector that the DVC uses. It works fine in standalone mode. The industry standard is actually 5 volts for USB power.