INTERFACE IN STANDALONE MODE NO FADE BETWEEN STEPS

128 out. Stand Alone memory (60 out). Limited software features

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

mayunta

INTERFACE IN STANDALONE MODE NO FADE BETWEEN STEPS

Post by mayunta »

Hi, I have a problem with my interface DVC2 128-M. When it is connected to the computer with the DVC2 program to work correctly. But if it is connected in mode Standalone the scene saved play the steps but no fade between one step and another.

Has this happened to anyone?

Any solution?

Thanks
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I can't reproduce this problem. Please e-mail me your showfile and tell me your DVC2 version
Mikkel Hjort

same problem with dvc3 128

Post by Mikkel Hjort »

I seem to have the same problem with a dvc 3 128. The scenes play back fine and fades from step to step when I use the interface with the pc, but jumps from step to step when I use it in standalone mode and trigger the scenes with port 1 and port 2.

It's probably just a smal thing that I've overlooked, but I hope you can help anyway.

Best
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Try with the latest DVC3 beta and it should work
Mikkel Hjort

Problem not solved yet

Post by Mikkel Hjort »

Sorry for the late reply. I don't have acces to the interface - it's in an exhibition - but now I've bought another one for testing. But the problem is still the same: No fade between steps in standalone mode.

I've tried the latest DVC3 RC1 from June and like the ealier version the 'Tools/Stand alone' menu is greyed out and I can't select it. Then I tried the latest DVC2 version and updated the firmware. The problem persists. The interface makes nice fades when I play back the scene from the software, but not when I play back in standalone mode.

Any suggestions?

Best
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi, I still cannot reproduce this.

Are you referring to fade times between steps?
Are you using the latest firmware? (open the Hardware Configuration - Tools application included in the RC1 software directory and click on the firmware tab)

If you still cannot find a solution to your problem, send over your show and I'll test it with a DVC3 128 I have here
Mikkel Hjort

Post by Mikkel Hjort »

It's the fades between steps that doesn't work in standalone mode.

I have already updated the firmware (v. 1.11) and it makes no difference.

I'm probably just doing something wrong, but can't really figure out what it is.

I've also sent you an email with the show.

Mikkel Hjort
shahidjee

Post by shahidjee »

So if I trigger a scene that ramps channel 1 up and down over 10 seconds, I can then trigger another that ramps channel 3 up and down half way though that also takes 10 seconds, thus over lapping the two ramps in way I desire?
blauerbauer
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: INTERFACE IN STANDALONE MODE NO FADE BETWEEN STEPS

Post by blauerbauer »

a few years later, i have the exact same problem :( is there anyone who knows what to do?
Firmware is up to date. - DVC fun / Daslight 4