DVC FUN - Upgrade question

The new upgradable interface. Ships with 128 channels and can be upgraded to 512 channels, FULL mode and other software via DmxSoft.com

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

djdad
Operating System: Windows

DVC FUN - Upgrade question

Post by djdad »

Hi,

Interested in buying the DVC FUN to use with Daslight 4 and have some questions regarding its upgrade.
What i want is to have
1. 256 Live Channels
2. bypass the initial "4 Scenes simultaneous" limit
3. use a MIDI controller and/or Remote Control.

From what i have read so far, along with the DVC FUN interface, i need to also purchase....
- the "128 channels - Live" ($29) , to add 128 Live Channels and have 256 in total.
- the "Daslight 4 Full mode - unlimited time" ($89) to get all the others from above ?

Is this correct ?

Thanks
TomHat

Re: DVC FUN - Upgrade question

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Thank you for the interest you show for our product.

djdad wrote:- the "128 channels - Live" ($29) , to add 128 Live Channels and have 256 in total.
- the "Daslight 4 Full mode - unlimited time" ($89) to get all the others from above ?

This is completely correct. You will need these two upgrades in order to get your DVC Fun interface to play more than 4 scenes simultaniously and on more than 128 channels.

In addition to this, please note that you may purchase several times the "128 LIVE channels" and "128 StandAlone channels" upgrades to unlock up to 512 channels on your interface.

Hope this helps. Have a good day.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
djdad

Post by djdad »

will my DVC Fun (bought 4 years ago) be compatible with the forth-coming Daslight 5 ?
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Indeed, your interface will be compatible with Daslight5. You will need to invest into a Daslight5 licence.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Viking

Post by Viking »

I´d like to jump in on this Topic.

I just ordered my DVC Fun with 128 Channels, but i already know, that i will need the 512 Channels soon.
So, how does this entire Upgrade Thing work? Couldn´t find a good answer to it yet.

Is it like a Software Pack, that i install to the Interface, to unlock the other Channels?!
And is the Upgrade everything i need, to run/program all Channels/Fixtures with Daslight4?

Is there a FAQ somewhere, where i can read about it?

Thanks a lot in Advance!
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

You just need to connect onto this website using your personal Daslight account :
https://store.dmxsoft.com/en/my_interfaces

If your DMX interface is registerd on that account, you will see it appear in your list of devices and you will be able to buy any licence from this page.

Once this is done, all you need to do is to start Daslight4 and connect your device to it. Your computer will need to ne connected to internet so Daslight4 can update the interface's licences once and for all.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support