The new upgradable interface. Ships with 128 channels and can be upgraded to 512 channels, FULL mode and other software via DmxSoft.com
Moderators: TomHat, P-Low, simonB, Ksel
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:32 pm
- Operating System: Windows
I'm currently struggling to run Lightrider via Artnet using my dvc4 fun. I purchased the Lightrider upgrade as well as the Artnet Feature in the dmx soft store. Here is my Setup:
- DVC4 Fun connected to Windows PC via USB
- Daslight 4 running with a virtual device as Artnet Node (as described in the manual and the Video tutorial on Youtube posted by Simon)
- Android Tablet with Lightrider running in the same WiFi network as the PC
No matter what I try, Lightrider does not recognize the DVC4 as Artnet device. Also adding the IP address manually does not work. Is there any point that I'm missing to make it work? I would really appreciate any help on that issue.
Thanks in advance and best regards,
- Posts: 988
- Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:11 am
- Location: France
I'm no sure I quite understand what you're trying to achieve here. But here are a few pointers:
- Your DVC interface can only be used by ONE app at a time. Meaning Daslight4 and LightRider can not use it at the same time. It'll be either one or the other.
- A DVC interface is not an artnet node. It won't be recognized as one by your LightRider app. It's a DMX device which can give LightRider "permission" to communicate with some ArtNet device on your network.
- Creating a virtual artnet device in Daslight4 will only inform Daslight4 of the potential presence of an ArtNet node at a given IP address. It's allowing Daslight4 to use a node it wasn't able to find automatically on the network.
Hope this helps.
-- Daslight SupportMail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Return to “DVC FUN”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest