Led par don't work anymore

512 in and 512 out

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

alinut_o

Led par don't work anymore

Post by alinut_o »

Hello, my bame is Alin , i am from Romania and i have one issue with my dmx 512 interface.I own this 512 for about 2 years and it work well but...i noticed yesterday that it not work with LED par anymore.I have try diffrent PARs and cable but still not working.The fixture and cable are ok,i have try them with another dmx controler and work just fine.Can you please help me?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

you must plug in the interface before loading the software.

then check the interface is on the correct universe using the tools menu. and the interface option to check it is there.

next try the set up screen and individually raise and lower the levels on the grand tab at the bottom left of the screen.

check the red and green leds are flashing on the interface.

check you are not crossing over + and - on the dmx cables.

if all the above fails contact Simon B for tech support.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
alinut_o

Post by alinut_o »

I always plug in the interface before start the software,is corect universe,red and green led are flashing,i have use this interface with all kinds of moving heads(klay paky , pr lighting,future light,robe,highend,martin,studio due),led pars,bar pars,smoke machine,strobo,arhitectural light (griven ,martin and studio due) and it work well.Right now it doesn't work with led pars and it work with moving head,i didn't try with something else.
alinut_o

Post by alinut_o »

Problem solved.Between 2 and 3 pin XLR DMX is a resistance of 120 ohms , the electrical circuit between rezaistance and pin 3 was discontinued, was repaired and now works.
I can not explain how moving head worked...