stuck in demo mode

512 in and 512 out

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

mikey9206

stuck in demo mode

Post by mikey9206 »

im sure i heard this problem somewhere else but couldnt find it.

as you know im looking for a stand alone desk, but i decided to find out how i would use it. i went into the stand alone menu but it says i was using demo mode...

luckily i had the disk nearby so I uninstalled the software and re-installed it...but still said it was demo mode. i decided to install it to my home comp to see if i had the same problem...and i did, still tagged as demo mode.

do you guys know how to sort this out? (if its been discussed before and you know where it is just throw us a link :))

thanks
Andre

Post by Andre »

Do a search of the forums. Sorry I am not going to do it for you.
Andre
mikey9206

Post by mikey9206 »

sorry i know that sounded like a pretty lazy post, i have checked the forums and couldnt find anything, i did see one about the usb drivers but didnt help me at all...

on both my home comp and the laptop i had installed the daslight demo, so this might affect it, im gonna try and get hold of a computer which has never had it installed and see if the software does instantly install the full version.
Andre

Post by Andre »

There is no demo version. The software is exactly the same, the only difference is if you have an interface or not. If it is not connected it says it's in demo mode. This is how I work all the time preparing the shows offline on my desktop, no interface and when I have finished I copy the show to a USB stick and then transfer to my "Show" laptop.

You should install the software first before connecting the interface as it needs drivers installed before it can be used. See the videos her http://www.daslight.com/tutorials/

I suggest doing this if you are using teh latest software from the website.
Un-install DVC2 and DVC1 if you have it installed. All you shows will be OK.
Then un-install any daslight drivers.
Get the latest drivers from the website and install them.
Then install the DVC2 software from the website.

Apparently the older drivers will only work with the older software and the newer drivers will only work with the newer software. Not sure of the date of change.
Andre
mikey9206

Post by mikey9206 »

oh i see, if its not connected to the box then it will say demo version! that makes sense!

thanks, i feel like a plum though.
Andre

Post by Andre »

To use Stand-Alone mode you definately need an interface as that is where it stores the scenes for it to run when not connected to the computer. You create you scenes in DVC2 as per normal and then switch to Stand-Alone mode and save the scenes you want into the interface.
Andre