DVC 128M Not Controlling all Lights

512 in and 512 out

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

andydow

DVC 128M Not Controlling all Lights

Post by andydow »

Hi, I have a dvc128m which was controlling 4 moving heads, 4 pars and a few other lights, All are less than 5 weeks old, everything was working fine until a few days ago, the first light in the dmx stopped responding and caused all other lights to act unusual once i switched off that light all the others were ok, then after an hour another light (moving head) went the same, I cannot for the life of me find whats wrong, its now worse, the address on the fixings just keep changing, i have done this to try to find whats wrong.
1) Changed my laptop and reinstalled the software and drivers. updated the firmware.
2) Changed the light that initially went weird.
3) run a cable directly to the light i have changed.
4) reset the light and made sure the address is correct.
I still cant control the this light, everything was fine at first and i cannot find a problem, could it be the controller, the lights on the dvc128m are flickering away and once i turn off (now two moving heads) the others can be controlled. the heads are genesis move heads by prolight.
PLEASE can anyone help!,
lxrixta

Post by lxrixta »

Did you resolve this issue? From what you describe it sounds like there is a fault with a cable or DMX module on one of the lights. Firstly test each light individually, and each cable, to rule them out, then try building up again until the problem re-occours, :idea: it might be worth checking that none of the lights are working in sound-to-light mode as they will send out their own DMX signal which will cause conflicting data along the line :idea:
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

You need to try your setup with another DMX controller. Then you will know straight away if it is a Daslight issue or not.
litt

Post by litt »

I have not used more than 1 universe, but I would say yes - each device will need its own USB. Then, from the tools/interface menu you can edit whic DVC will be connected to which universe. As I said, though, I have not had the chance to actually try a different universe...