Is there a USB Board than can be used with the software?

512 in and 512 out

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

AoS Lighting

Is there a USB Board than can be used with the software?

Post by AoS Lighting »

I have seen LDs that use a laptop and software setup but also have a small board hooked to the laptop. Can any one recommend the best one for this software?

Thanks,
J. Gibson
Andre

Post by Andre »

You have to buy a Daslight Interface to be able to use the DVC1 & DVC2 software to control lighting fixtures via DMX. Only a Daslight interface will work.
Andre
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

I have the DVC2 512 interface, I was wondering if there is an external board that can be used with the software?

Thanks
Andre

Post by Andre »

AoS Lighting wrote:I have the DVC2 512 interface, I was wondering if there is an external board that can be used with the software?

Thanks

If it's an interface then only the USB interfaces are available for DVC2, I think there used to be a bare board version but it was still a USB.

If you mean an external control surface with sliders etc, then you can use a DMX lighting desk and have that as an "IN" device controlling DVC2, or it could be a midi device such as the Behringer BCF2000, which works well apparently.

There is no specifically designed hardware controller for DVC2.
Andre
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

AoS Lighting wrote:If you mean an external control surface with sliders etc, then you can use a DMX lighting desk and have that as an "IN" device controlling DVC2, or it could be a midi device such as the Behringer BCF2000, which works well apparently.

There is no specifically designed hardware controller for DVC2.

Ok, Thanks
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

[/quote]or it could be a midi device such as the Behringer BCF2000, which works well apparently.[/quote]

Hi again. Sorry it has been forever on this post. But how would I connect the BCF2000? Just use another usb port? (I will have the DVC2 512 interface plugged into one usb port). And I can assign faders from the software to faders on the BCF2000?

Thanks!
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

yes the BCF is connected by usb before you start DVC.

The control is limited but might be good for your situation.

you can assign dimmer faders to individual channels or even F groups of channels.

Howebver once assigned the channel can only be used by the BCF and the software can no longer control the channel. which might be ok for your application.

You can also trigger on/off scenes with the BCF buttons. which is useful. Additionally you can control pause and some other live functions.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

Ok, great. Yea, I mostly want it so I can have a "hands on" fader for intensity for a bunch of leds...

Thanks!
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

Another quick question.. I only have two usb ports on my laptop. I usually plug the DVC interface into one and a mouse in the other. Will the BCF work if I use a usb splitter and split it with the mouse? I tried to split the mouse and the DVC interface. All the lights on the interface were on and it seemed like it was working fine, but I had no control over the lights (so I guess the interface won't work with a usb splitter?)

Is there another option than a splitter? Or is there a specific kind of usb splitter I would need to use for it to work?

Thanks for your help.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

I have used a USB splitter on my laptop before with no problems, but it sounds like you need a powered splitter, that should solve the problem.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience