Interface not detected - DVC3 512 / SIUDI 9B - Win XP

512 in and 512 out

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

GLDK_MRP

Interface not detected - DVC3 512 / SIUDI 9B - Win XP

Post by GLDK_MRP »

Just installed DVC3 on 2 different PC's, both running Win XP SP3. Programs and driver installed without any errors, but interface is not detected on any of the PC's. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall program and driver (and restarted several times), but same problem.

Running Tools.exe also gives the message "There is no compatible hardware connected". I have tried different USB ports and cables, but still doesn't work. On the interface, the yellow LED is on, and the red LED is flashing rapidly.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Mogens Pedersen
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

This is a newer interface so make sure you're using the latest official version of DVC3 and make sure the interface is running the latest firmware. If you're still having problems with this, send me a mail and I'll arrange a return
GLDK_MRP

Post by GLDK_MRP »

I have recently bought the interface, so I'd expect that the supplied version of DVC3 (Jan 23, 2013) would work. I'm not sure how to check the firmware, as I can't connect to the interface?

But I'll try to download the latest DVC 3 (May 27, 2013), and install it to see if that helps.
GLDK_MRP

Post by GLDK_MRP »

I downloaded and installed the patch, but that gave an error "unsupported device found".

So I downloaded the full version, uninstalled and reinstalled. Now - finally -the interface was recognized, and a firmware upgrade was performed. So apparently the supplied software was not compatible with the interface; why then supply it? Well, as long as it works now...

The DVC3 512 was actually an upgrade from a DVC3 128, so I have some projects I would like to use. I tried to copy the files that looked like being part of the project (*.dvc, *.lay, *.era), but when loading the project, I get an error "Encountered an improper argument", and then the program crashed.

Have I missed some files? Or isn't it possible to load a project made with DVC3 128 (and an older version of DVC3 - July 27, 2012)?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

The project should work fine. If you're still having problems, e-mail me your show and I'll take a look