Audio Click Tempo Not Working & a DMX Question.

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

dreamsoundaudio
Operating System: Windows

Audio Click Tempo Not Working & a DMX Question.

Post by dreamsoundaudio »

First, the audio input:

I have a Focusrite Scarlett Solo that I want to feed a click track to & use it as a BPM source for Daslight. I can select it & patch the Scarlett as an audio input in Daslight, however Daslight shows no signal with perfect signal to the interface. I've also tried the Scarlett with other audio programs & they receive the input from the Scarlett just fine. I fished around in all the Windows 10 audio settings & don' see anything fishy. How come Daslight doesn't like the Scarlett?

The DMX question:
I also run Soundswitch in my DJ rig. Is there a way to patch a DMX channel as a BPM source? That would allow me to forget the Scarlett & just run a strobe track from Soundswitch to feed tempo to Daslight.

Anyway, thanks in advance.
Todd
dreamsoundaudio

Re: Audio Click Tempo Not Working & a DMX Question.

Ok, so I figured out you can patch a DMX in to the tempo. So the scarlett is out of the chain.

So, now, what DMX signal actually signifies a "tap" to the input? I've got the preferences set to 1.512.127..which I'm hoping means input 1, Channel 512, value of 127. When sending that to Daslight, BPM reads 0 & never changes.

If I set a scene to trigger with that setting, it fires just fine. So...fire a scene sure, pick up a tap no.

Todd
dreamsoundaudio

Re: Audio Click Tempo Not Working & a DMX Question.

Conquered it. It wasn't Daslight.

Working pretty good so far. Soundswitch was moving the strobe track to a different DMX address if you restarted Soundswitch. Apparently I needed to click the update fixutres button before it would stick where I put it.

The only questions I have now:

If you go to Edit->Preferences->Shortcuts, why can't you edit DMX settings there?
Why does the BPM drift around when being fed a steady pulse? Is there a way to tinker with how sensitive it is?

I wish the pulse thing would accept a DMX input.

Todd