The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

ilou
Operating System: Windows

Art-Net without DVC

Post by ilou »

Hello,

I ran into a problem using DasLight 4 and Art-Net:
My goal is to control my ESP8266 microcontrollers using DasLight 4 to do some ambient-lighting in my room. They are connected to SK6812 LED-Strips, that are in my room. Because I can't and don't want to connect each ESP using DMX-cables I thought of using Art-Net.
So I implemented a small test-software on my ESP8266 to print out incoming DMX-Packets. Now I figured out, that DasLight can use Art-Net, but only using a DVC fun (or other). In my test I'm stuck at ArtPoll. I only receive ArtPoll-Packets from DasLight, but no other Packets. Using an app I just found I receive ArtPoll-Packets and ArtDmx-Packets.

Is there a possibility to use Art-Net with DasLight without spending over 200€ for a controller I don't need?

The reason why I want to use DasLight is because of the modern and easy-to-use UI and I know it from school, where we used it for lighting-control too.

Greetings from Germany,
ilou
Julius Drescher
Operating System: Windows

Re: Art-Net without DVC

Post by Julius Drescher »

Hi!
Similar problem here...
I live abroad and forgot my DMX-Dongle there.
Now I want to program a musical-show, which is starting next friday and am not able to generate an PC-INTERNAL Artnet node for my simulation software (realizzer).

Is there a way to get it to work ?

Thank you a lot!
Julius Drescher
Macarena
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: Art-Net without DVC

Post by Macarena »

DMX-Dongle ?