Dmx Board

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

AliG
Operating System: Windows

Dmx Board

Post by AliG »

I have a showtec showmaster 48mkii and a Dvc4 Gold, i wish to control the lights on the digital board with the dmx board i own, is there a way to do this? The software will detect my board(in the hardware manager) and it can read the values it is outputing(in the hardware manager) but i can not figure out how to control the lights with it. Any fixes?
beathousepro

Re: Dmx Board

Post by beathousepro »

when you say it detects it...does it detect the MIDI commands? Using the MIDI watcher (that's built-in) do you see values changing when you interact with the board?
AliG

Post by AliG »

I only have a dmx board so no, in (hardware manager, dmx input/output t, universe 2 , dmx in) i can see the board and the fader values.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

In order for the software to take in DMX input, it has to go through your interface's XLR port. This feature is only available for some interfaces, so please make sure your interface shows more than one XLR port.

You can set your second XLR port as a DMX input via the "preferences" window of your Daslight4 software.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
AliG

Post by AliG »

The ports are detected, first port- output, universe 1. Second port- input , input 1
AliG

Post by AliG »

Still no luck
Macarena
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by Macarena »

the settings for controlling the dimmer are done as follows: Select] the right mouse button on the fader that we want to assign, select "Edit DMX Mapping " then configure the INPUT - the same number as in the DVCgold settings, then select the channel number WHICH the fader will control.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (86.18 KiB) Viewed 7030 times
2.png
2.png (167.89 KiB) Viewed 7030 times