Question about DMX Limiting and some other

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Simonhoechst
Operating System: Windows

Question about DMX Limiting and some other

Post by Simonhoechst »

Hi Daslight Team,

just before christmas, we have updated from Daslight DVC3 to DVC4 Gold.
Great Job so far! Especially the new effects generator works very fine. Also the Midi functions are very great, so we can lighten up our controller now 8)
We use it in our Church in germany, and we love all the functions it has!

But now here are some questions:

1st:
In DVC3 we had the possibility to limit the DMX Value of one channel (When going to midi-mapping there were options like minimum DMX Value and Maximum DMX Value.)
Where do I find this feature in DVC4? Very important thing for us, because we use some Movingheads to brighten up some People on the stage that usually walk. So we used a Korg Nano Control fader to move the head just on the stage from left to right. I can only limit the midi input (where I dont know what this could be good for ;-)

2nd:
As mentioned before, I have some Movingheads that are on a "front of stage" truss. These can be used to spot moving people, or these can be used for effect lightning with some movingheads on a backtruss.
I am trying to create scenes now for this. I have created a group for "static colors". Additionaly, I created a group that overwrites the static colors for the front MHs. (For example warm white color) I choose the "Save from Release" and I thought, the color wont change anymore. But it still does change, even if the protected scene is running. For better understanding:
1. Static Color Scene "Blue" ... All MHs (Backtruss AND Fronttruss are Blue)
2. Scene "Frontlight Warm" (protected from release) activated (seperate group) --> Front MHs change to warm white
3. Static Color Scene "Red" activated --> All MHs turn Red.

Here I would like to let the "Frontlight Warm" scene more priority than the Color Scene. Is this possible in any way? Or is there maybe a Workaround for solving things like that?

3rd:
I would like to seperate the Frontlightning from the Masterdimmer (or alternatively create a "Sub-Master"-Dimmer for Effect-Light) Best thing would be to have a Masterdimmer for all Dimmers, a submaster for Frontlightning and a submaster for Effectlightning. How could I do this?

last question:
Maybe the easiest question: I would like to change the Color of the Group-Headline. Is this possible? For example... My Midi-Controller for one group, every button lights blue, when the mapped scene is off. It flashes Blue, when the scene is ON. Know, it would be more intuitive to assign the colors of the scenes, to the same colors of the group headline.

Thanks a lot for your good work! Keep going, and all the best for 2020 ;-)

Kind regards

Simon
TomHat

Re: Question about DMX Limiting and some other

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Simonhoechst wrote:In DVC3 we had the possibility to limit the DMX Value of one channel (When going to midi-mapping there were options like minimum DMX Value and Maximum DMX Value.)
Where do I find this feature in DVC4?
Sadly, this feature isn't available in Daslight4.

Simonhoechst wrote:Here I would like to let the "Frontlight Warm" scene more priority than the Color Scene. Is this possible in any way? Or is there maybe a Workaround for solving things like that?
Maybe you could lok into deviding your scenes so some only affect color, and others affect the rest of your fixtures' features ? Note that there are plenty of "triggering" features in Daslight4, so you use them to trigger several "color" scenes all at once, and use another one to trigger all BUT the Moving head colors scene... Or something.

Simonhoechst wrote:I would like to seperate the Frontlightning from the Masterdimmer (or alternatively create a "Sub-Master"-Dimmer for Effect-Light)
I don't see how this would be possible in D4. There is no sub-master dimmer feature.

Simonhoechst wrote:I would like to change the Color of the Group-Headline. Is this possible?
Sorry, even with the example, I'm not sure to follow what you're asking here. Could you be more specific ? Screenshots maybe ?

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
carlo.leidi
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: Question about DMX Limiting and some other

Post by carlo.leidi »

.. so daslight 4 isn't an upgrade but a downgrade.. it's not conceivable to have a new software release whithout old features. My complete show is based on manual midi commands on prism on china fixtures and now, i must trash mi DVC 4 gold and use my old DVC2 interface because daslight removed DMX limits on midi channels..