Fixture Groups, MIDI, Busking: Any ideas?

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

LUMA
Operating System: Mac OS X

Fixture Groups, MIDI, Busking: Any ideas?

Post by LUMA »

Is it possible to assign MIDI faders across a fixture family's parameters prior to selecting which fixture group within the specific fixture family is being affected?

For context:

I run fixtures by creating scenes which affect single parameters within a fixture family. By creating a few fixture families (Moving Heads, Pars, RGB LEDs), I would like to be able to start from simple scenes and adjust them manually via MIDI control to design more counter motion and color contrast to fluidly transition between my pre-programmed moves.

For Example:

1. Launch a few fixture-specific scenes (1/4 note pulsing shutter / Color Wheel @ Magenta / 64 bar Pan + Tilt sequence on All Moving Heads)
2. Use a Fixture Group selection to further manipulate a smaller group within the family by using MIDI faders on, say , All Even Moving Heads. Maybe a blue knight rider style pulse on these even heads would be a nice contrast with this simple Magenta look I’ve already worked out.

My problem here is that, while mouse control on individual parameters does indeed only affect the fixtures which are selected, the same virtual fader's physical MIDI controller assignment still controls all of the fixtures in the family regardless of which ones I have selected within the group.

Is it possible to remedy this?

All of this is in effort to be able to start from general moves, colors, and shutter speeds and manipulate group parameters in real-time while still maintaining the safety net of general moves, colors, and shutter speeds to fall back on if and whenever necessary.

I like having modular control over the rig while still being able to launch pre-composed scenes, if someone has any suggestions, recommendations, or tutorials to check out in this vein, I am all for it.

Thanks for any insight here, much appreciate, happy holidays.
TomHat

Re: Fixture Groups, MIDI, Busking: Any ideas?

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

You might want to look into this checkbox in the preference window :
Sans titre.png
Sans titre.png (213.27 KiB) Viewed 2437 times

Checking this box should do exactly what you want.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500