Scene transaction fade between position / movement steps?

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

julianleker

Scene transaction fade between position / movement steps?

Post by julianleker »

Hi y'all.
Super glad user of daslight4 + midicon2

I have created a couple of scenes with positions (pan/tilt) for my mowing head.

Scene. Position Deejay spot
Scene. Dancefloor
Scene. Mirrorballs

Every time I activate one of the scene the pan/tilt mix around from how I programmed it which looks pretty bad.

Is is possible to make a smooth transaction between scenes/steps?

Would be pretty great that the steps go from one to another without getting back to 0 position. 8)
Ksel

Re: Scene transaction fade between position / movement steps?

Post by Ksel »

Hi Julian

Thank you for choosing Daslight.

Is is possible to make a smooth transaction between scenes/steps?

Is it possible to program a fade time in between your steps/scenes, is what I think you are asking, this is done from the EDIT Tab under the Properties Tab, please see attached photo.

Hope this helps.
Attachments
fade.JPG
fade.JPG (63.53 KiB) Viewed 3736 times
[email protected]
Operating System: Windows

Re: Scene transaction fade between position / movement steps?

Post by [email protected] »

Hi,

+1 here.
I started using Daslight recently after a few years of experience with some other softwares, and I'm starting to like it. I'm pleased with most of the features but I do have some complaints on FX performance, and would like to hear advice.

I'd like to know if it's possible to change the position of light (select another scene) without impacting the running FX. What I'm trying to do is choose another position so that when I stop the FX, lights are already in place. Maybe something like a preload option which would also be applicable to other attributes like colors, gobos etc.

I agree with Julian, it would be great to have effects run from the original position. It would make programming so much more efficient because, for example, I could make only one tilt FX and then by changing the position, get completely different appearance.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts and recommendations on the matter.