Missing Features

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Soundbooking
Operating System: Windows

Missing Features

Post by Soundbooking »

Hello together,

actually I use Daslight 4 and the Lightrider App, Lightrider is very good for small setups and Daslight is more powerful for bigger setups.
But I miss some features in Daslight or I didn´t know who I can realise this with DS, which are in Lightrider implemented.
For Example:

1. Moving Effect Size
In Lightrider when I choose the circle rotation effect I can setup the size of the circle during it runs. In Daslight, I can also do this but it´s very uncomfortable and not flexible. To realise this I must create different PAN/Tilt Effect with different circle size and safe this in single scenes. I´ve got no option to store this scene with variable size.

2. Moving Effect FAN
When I select the Up/Down Movement it´s easy to choose the size and the fan. In Daslight for the size same problem as in Topic 1 described, additionally for the fan I must create for each FAN position a scene. I´m not able to setup flexible like in Lightrider.

3. Sparkle Effect
In Lightrider when I choose the circle rotation effect I can flexible the color, in Daslight I must create for each Color an Spakle effect.

All this I have decribed above are in a uncomftable way to realize in daslight. Are the features who I´m missing not implemented or I didn´t know how I can use them?

4. The last feature which I miss is that each Light Setup is different, different location, different amount of light, ... Especalliy the centre of each location and light setup is different, so that I must very often create new PAN/TILT scenes adjusted to the actual enviroment. When I could setup a fixed point (centre) in Daslight that might be very useful, this fixed point should be the middle of the moving scenes so that I only must adjust the centre on each location and not many Moving scenes.

I hope that everyone can understand what my problems, if not let me know. The last topic I think is a good imporvement for the future?!

Kr Steffen
TomHat

Re: Missing Features

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Thank you for using Daslight4, and thanks a lot for your feedback. We will keep this in mind for Daslight5.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Soundbooking
Operating System: Windows

Post by Soundbooking »

This means that actually there is now better way to solve my problems?
Is for DasLight 5 a releasedate appreciable?
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Sadly I'm afraid that effects in Daslight 4 were not designed to be easily edited once they were made into scenes. All values are hard written into the scene's steps and effect parameters aren't available to edit anymore.

That's what we will try to change in Daslight5 (there is no set release date yet).

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500