Turn BPM On/Off shortcut

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

djdad
Operating System: Windows

Turn BPM On/Off shortcut

Post by djdad »

Building a Show Page to use with Easy Remote and i miss a shortcut. I need a way to turn on/off the BPM from MIDI Clock
So, i have created a Scene with a few steps, and i want to choose between triggering its steps via BPM (Step on BPM and Midi Clock from a DJ software) and manually via a Scene Speed fader.
I can do that by turning off/on BPM from the LIVE page, but cant add this switcher/fader to the SHOW. I searched in Preferences ->Shortcuts, tried adding that via Alt +Click.. no luck.
Is the above not available ? If not, any workaround ?
TomHat

Re: Turn BPM On/Off shortcut

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

This option is not available, I'm afraid.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
djdad

Post by djdad »

That's too bad :(
Anyways i found another workaround, but either there is a bug or doing something wrong.

I try to assign the actions BPM from MIDI and BPM from Audio to 2 keyboard or MIDI keys. Both seem to work after mapping, but when i close Daslight and re-open, only one of the two is kept - i believe it's the BPM from MIDI.
So, it appears that the mapping is not saved for both keys.

Please advise.
Thanks
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Indeed, there was a bug there. Thanks for pointing this out. Do you wish to receive a fixed version directly ? Or can it wait till next official release ?

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

djdad

Post by djdad »

I would appreciate if you could send me a Build with the fix, because the way i run my show its critical to have this working, instead of re-mapping on every session.

Thanks
djdad

Post by djdad »

Thanks a lot for the fix. Worked but have a minor issue if you could address too.
When Daslight starts, the 2 buttons i mapped start with their LEDs off, even if one of them is enabled.
If i hit those 2 buttons, their Leds turn on, but stay on even if their assigned action is disabled, which means that the MIDI out doesnt work as expected, so you dont know which one is enabled and which is not.

TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Not sure I understand what the problem is, here. Could you send a short video showing the exact nature of the issue ? Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

djdad

Post by djdad »

The problem is that those actions do not send feedback to turn off their leds if not enabled.
So one MIDI Key is assigned to enable the BPM from MIDI and the other is assigned to enable the BPM from Audio.
If i press and enable one of them, i expect to have the other turned off, but both remain ON, so looking at your MIDI controller, you cant tell which one of them is enabled .