Unusual Light Flickering / Channel Flickering

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

smile
Operating System: Windows

Unusual Light Flickering / Channel Flickering

Post by smile »

I use Daslight 4 with two DVC Gold controllers, I have mainly man LED Stripes installed (Simple RGB Channels).
After a while, this can be from 10 minutes to 10 Hours, there is an unsual behaviour: Some LEDs start "flickering". And it looks as if Daslight is triggering every channel up and down in only a few seconds. I still can control everything, change colors etc. but the flickering continues, once it started.
I took a video to explain it better:
https://youtu.be/VkpWjG9NY-Q

This Fault is very unpleasent, because I have also some DMX Switches which are switching the main supply for the LEDs and they are not used to be switched several times in a few seconds.

A restart of the software only helps only sometimes, it has more effect when I unplug the DVC Gold coontroller from the USB Port and Plugin again. Sometimes the Error also stopped, when I went in the Software to Tools --> Hardware Manager, then immediately the flickering stopped.
I also watched the DMX Levels, but there was no activity mentioned.

I don´t know if this behaviour has to do anything with the other error while the device disconnects after some time, which I explained here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5558

This is the Setup:
- Asus miniPC Corei5, 2,5Ghz, 16GB Ram
- Windows 10 64bit, latest version
- Daslight 4 Version Aug 02 2018 (18.802.8699.1345)
- 4 Universes are used with two DVC Gold Controllers, via USB 3 connected
- Windows 10 Energy Options are set to "maximum performance", no USB Energy saving.
smile
Operating System: Windows

Re: Unusual Light Flickering / Channel Flickering

Post by smile »

As written in the other post, at the moment the Light flickering is away.
I Use an USB Hub with external Power Supply and another Mini USB Cable than the original one.