Still existing problems since 2015

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Ondeth
Operating System: Windows

Still existing problems since 2015

Post by Ondeth »

Hey ;-)
There are so many problems still persist even after 36 months of updates (using Feb '19 update)...
I really do not understand why that graphical interface is so bad in DVC4 and why there's no update for it - it could have been really cool! Everything looks unfinished in DVC4 - since years...

1) The Auto-Scale
It's so annoying to have such a bad auto-scale mode for higher-resolution displays (my cursor is larger than a scene button, how should I press them without clicking another one accidentally!), which only can be fixed by setting down the resolution - but to be honest, I've bought my displays in 4K and 1440p to HAVE those high resolutions and not to scale them down as Daslight is not the only software I'm using at a time.

2) The translations
On top, some languages are still not fully translated - for example, German... when using German you'll get German mixed with English. Send me the German language file/strings and I'll correct them - really no problem, I'm a native German speaker. The provided language is horrible.

3) The main menu
The main menu item icons are overlapping with the item's text - in combination with the grey colour of the background and the small texts it's really hard to read anything.

4) The patching /ScanLibrary windows
Those windows should really be larger as it's hard to click, move or read anything in there. There's so much unneeded blank space on the right that the patching and the ScanLib windows could easily use with correct auto-scaling...

4) The application buttons
Did anyone try to maximize Daslight on a 4k monitor? I bet you'll close it instead :D

5)Random crashes
The worst thing is the possibility of a random crash during the show - either a complete freeze without sending/receiving midi signals or a complete crash...but mostly without opening the error reporter.

6)The Android app
Even more than one year after reporting those bugs when using the Android app they are still present - only with other effects when pressing the buttons.
Please try the same thing I've reported here again : https://forum.daslight.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5193&p=15205#p15205. The Android app behaves crazier than before

Daslight could have been such a great and stable piece of software like DVC3 was and I was glad there's a Feb19 update - until I've looked at the changelog.

In 8 days I'll need the DVC's Android features again and ... I'm scared of the day.

#EDIT : Image of current 4k DVC4 added

TomHat

Re: Still existing problems since 2015

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

We're terribly sorry you're so unhappy with our software. Daslight4 was simply not optimised at all for high-resolution monitors. Although about the random crashes you get, could you please let us know more about those ?
Like, if you're using a MIDI console, if you get crashes using the effects , or if it's simply completely random ...

If there is anything you think could be linked with the crashes, please let us know.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Ondeth
Operating System: Windows

Re: Still existing problems since 2015

Post by Ondeth »

Well, it's hard to say what's the reason for the crashing of the Feb2019 version - a few seconds ago it crashed again without the possibility to report the crash directly.

In this case, there's no DVC4 Gold interface connected and I've simply tried to add scenes in edit mode... creating the first ~15 to 20 (didn't count) scenes worked fine and when moving the faders for the next scene Daslight freezes a second and simply closes down - without saving ... that's simply frustrating, day after day.

An auto-save every 5 minutes would be the best thing to prevent such internal failures.

Yesterday it crashed (on another computer) after loading the show, then connecting the interface and then adding 3 scenes - but not each time, sadly...

#EDIT: This time after opening a file of an old version of Daslight (Dec17) and adding 11 scenes (number of scenes varies) - but this can be fixed by saving the project as Feb2019 file and reopening the new file